Question about vaccination for AOS

Good day to all!

For those who had your fiancee's AOS done, would you please tell me if a physical exam, blood test and TB skin test are required? I think it's only logical that these are not needed since our fiancee already had one done before the interview and was less than a year ago.

I read the instructions on the I-485 form and learned from some of your posts in Immigration Challenges that the medical exam is not required for K-1 fiancee, and that only the vaccinations (Varicella, TD, and MMR) are required. I called my local INS doctors and all but one of them told me my fiancee needs to have all the shots mentioned above if not already done so, plus the TB test, blood test, and the physical exam, and that they will accept CASH only. Some said she must also get the hepatitis B shot. Only one doctor told me that the shots don't have to be given by the INS approved doctors. You can get those from any doctor, but the physical exam and blood test and form I693 must be done by in INS doctor. She said most INS doctors will tell you to get all the shots and physical exam from them because they want to make money from you. I found out that you only need the shots (MMR, TD, and Varicella) if you don't have any document to show the INS doctor that you have taken them. So I took my wife to get all the shots (she got the shots long ago but no document :( ) from my doctors which was paid by my insurance. Now I just have to find out if the TB and blood test are necessary before letting the INS doctor filling out the form.

Thanks ahead for your response to my inquiry. :)

Calvin,

Go to immigration challenges, second page, topic is vaccination supplement. All the info is there. My wife and her son got the shots and had the formed filled in and signed. When we filed in person the lady told us it was not necessary. However, she did keep everything. Better to be safe I suppose.

Jim

We filed our AOS on 4/24/03, no problems. There are just two shots you will need for the filing and a third about a month after the first two. All you need is the 693 supplement signed by a Physican stating that the required applicants have indeed received the required two shot that are needed to fulful the AOS requirements.

Good luck, what state are you filing in??