Hello all. I landed on 18th this month, and went to SSA office located in Arlington on 22th. The lady said because INS had not inputed my info into the system yet, so she couldnt process my case right away, need 2 months. So I just signed a paper with the infor I applied. And, today I called the 800 number, they say nothing for me in their system yet. Plus , they say I should have a receipt at hand if I applied, is that true? Anybody can tell me?

I am thinking to go SSA in DC to apply again. I dont know if it is ok to double apply. Should I tell them I ever applied for SSN or not? If I told them no, and as INS might have already input my info, and DC office gave me a number very quickly, then Arlington SSA process my case too, they would find i was already in system, would it hurt or not? I am little worried.

Comments please. Should I just be more patient ( but I have no receipt, nothing) or go ahead to DC? :D :o

Hello all. I landed on 18th this month, and went to SSA office located in Arlington on 22th. The lady said because INS had not inputed my info into the system yet, so she couldnt process my case right away, need 2 months. So I just  signed a paper with the infor I applied. And, today I called the 800 number, they say nothing for me in their system yet. Plus , they say I should have a receipt at hand if I applied, is that true? Anybody can tell me?

I am thinking to go SSA in DC to apply again. I dont know if it is ok to double apply. Should I tell them I ever applied for SSN or not?  If I told them no, and as INS might have already input my info, and DC office gave me a number very quickly, then Arlington SSA process my case too, they would find i was already in system, would it hurt or not? I am little worried.

Comments please. Should I just be more patient ( but I have no receipt, nothing) or go ahead to DC? :o  :lol:

Relax and just wait a week or two. Then call the 800 number again and ask if they have assigned a SS number to you.

You do not get a receipt when you apply for SSN

Guest bbridges51

SuJuan went through the same scenario with her SSN. For some reason, it took nearly 6 weeks for the INS to put her info in the system so the SSA could see it.

Just another day in the K-1 paradise.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Here at the Local SS office they are confused, they wanted more papers, the didn't even know what a I-94 WAS. They wanted a new form from BCIS. I studied the papers, we are fine, SS people need help. Flora had a time here also, she had to insist they keep looking in the computer and then she had no problems. Going to SS office today. :lol: :lol: