Hi all. Well, at long last, Nancy will be hitting U.S. shores this Saturday. It's been a long 14 months since we started this K-1 thing. I'm driving from Texas to go pick her up at LAX, and we'll take a small vacation thru the southwest on our way back to Austin.

My question is about the international arrival point in the Los Angeles airport. I'm assuming all international passengers must enter at the same place, and as long as I wait there, I should see Nancy. Is anyone familiar with LAX, and do you know if this is true? I'm hoping there are not multiple places to come in. If anyone else has picked up someone coming from China at LAX, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

-Emery

Emery,

I met my fiancée at LAX just 2 weeks ago. It was really a breeze. From time her plane touched down to her coming into the meeting area was only 30 minutes. All Chinese flight passengers will exit in the same place. It is a relatively small waiting area (with chairs for your comfort) and it will be virtually impossible for you to not see her when enters the area.

You will meet Nancy at TBI terminal (Tom Bradley International). In my experiences with LAX, I have found it easier, generally faster, and definitely less confusing to walk from terminal to terminal, rather than use the shuttle buses.

Here is a good clickable LAX terminal mapLAX MAP

Guest Long_strider

Depends,

I think if they are flying China Southern or Delta out of GZ, it is a different terminal and not the International terminal.

I have flown China Southern 3 times and each time I have landed and been processed throught terminal # 5.

Mi

I believe what Long Strider is true, but I don't really remember exactly. Last time I flew into LAX with China Southern I exited through another terminal.

As far as my LAX experience arriving from GUZ, I know of two exits: one where arriving passengers walk up a ramp to awaiting family and friends, and another where I had to take an escalator down (China Southern, I think).

On a second thought....

I forgot to say that everyone arriving into USA from China, should be on voluntary quarantine for at least 10 days.

Now as you said you are going to take your recent arrived wife on a mini tour through out the southwest...before going back to your home in texas

People might have a dormant virus, and not yet have any symptoms, and the virus may infect others...

I suggest you think over your plan. Don't take your chance, and start an epidemic in southwest!

;)

Oh, you guys are soooo helpful! :o I wish I had seen this days ago. Actually Air China arrives in terminal 2 at LAX, not TBI. Additionally, the May 2 flight has been cancelled. Hopefully, Emery didn't already leave on that long drive or at least is aware of this...

If anyone can contact him, please tell him to about the terminal 2 arrival.

Air China flight info (310) 535-9965

Seems 001 isn't the only place bad rumors originate...

Thanks, everyone. I'm actually at a hotel right outside LAX now. Nancy is in Beijing, awaiting a flight out this afternoon, her time. I will pick her up from the airport at 11:30 am tomorrow, California time.

From what I can tell, her travel has gone smoothly so far, although there is a lot of SARS hysteria in China now. On her way from Sichuan to Beijing, they did check all passengers' temperatures once before boarding, on the plane, and after they got off. And everyone's wearing face masks.

She has been in the Sichuan countryside, and incidents of SARS there are very low. She got her visa in GZ 12 days ago, and shows no symptoms. So unless she catches it at the Beijing airport, she should be in the clear.

Still, she is paranoid about possibly bringing SARS to America, and infecting everyone in the Southwest. She said that America would hate her then. I told her if her luck is that good, then we should bet big on the craps table in Vegas.

The chances of her having it are so miniscule that it's not worth putting her in any sort of quarantine, in my opinion. She will, however, be careful not to cough or sneeze in anyone's direction.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help, I will go to terminal 2, and then it's a fun and romantic drive back thru the great American Southwest.

-Emery