Updated Progress

Well, it's been a real whirlwind the last 12 days since Yin and Xindi got here. We've had two birthdays, a wedding, furniture shopping, a trip to BCIS and to Social Security.

The BCIS trip went very well. All the papers were filed. I was told by the lady at BCIS that they have to get this processed by Xindi's birthday (which I already knew) and to call in 30 days if we haven't received an appointment letter. They were also fingerprinted and received their EAD cards good for one year. Social Security may take a little longer. however,they are not going to work right away.so it doesn't matter.

Now to school on Friday and then our lives will settle in to more of a routine. I need to get back to work.

It's been great, waking up every morning to her smiling face. She has found everything she needs for cooking and in fact won't let me cook. She did say she wants to learn to cook American. For right now I'm enjoying home cooked Chinese.

Thanks, Eric for the list for BCIS. The marriage certificate, photos and I-94 and visa copies were not needed for the EAD. Also they required duplicate copies of everything for Xindi's I-485. The lady also told me the supplemental vaccinations form to form I-693 was not needed either. She did keep it though.

I'm going to go crash on the couch. We were up at 5:30 this morning.

Thanks all for your help.

Jim, Yin and Xindi