At long, long, last....

An exciting update....

Li received her new green card with conditions removed in the mail yesterday. It only took seven months or so...my how efficient these folks are...and this time, no errors on the card.

We are thrilled to have finally passed this milestone. We began this visa process back in September 2001. Each step has been a bit of an adventure...but I guess we are through with USCIS...at least until she wants citizenship.... :plane:

Yes, congratulations, Mick and Li.

We're jeolous. :)

Leiqin has been waiting 6 years for hers. And, I have been waiting one year with her.

I read of newly arrivals who are get there GC within months, while we continue to wait. So, I am kind of sitting where you once were, Mick.

I wrote my Congressman yesterday. We'll see where that goes.

Someday we'll be very happy to be where both you and Li are now. Congratulations for finally having that part of the process behind you.

That's great news, Mick. After all the obsticles Li has met getting to this point, it has to be a relief. I think you are the poster boy for what can go wrong.

Boy, is that an understatement, Don. From the first screw up, when they mailed our P3 to my stateside address, all the way until now, it has been an adventure. Still, we were together from Day One, living in China, so we didn't have to suffer the foul ups while at a great distance from one another.

Thanks to all for your well wishes. For those in the pipeline, hang on, it does eventually end.

An exciting update....

Li received her new green card with conditions removed in the mail yesterday. It only took seven months or so...my how efficient these folks are...and this time, no errors on the card.

We are thrilled to have finally passed this milestone. We began this visa process back in September 2001. Each step has been a bit of an adventure...but I guess we are through with USCIS...at least until she wants citizenship.... ;)

That's wonderful news! Congrats!

Now onward to the eventual Naturalization! :)