AOS package sent for a month with nothing from INS

Dear all,

Please help me with this one! I sent out the AOS package(I-485,I-765) to BCIS Los Angeles Distict on 3/25/2003. However, up until right now, one month laster, I still didn't hear anything from BCIS yet. It really doesn't seem working smooth for us. I wonder if anyone here can tell me who/where should I contact to find out our case. Only thing I know is that they did cash my check to them. Thank you very very much!

Dear all,

Please help me with this one! I sent out the AOS package(I-485,I-765) to BCIS Los Angeles Distict on 3/25/2003. However, up until right now, one month laster, I still didn't hear anything from BCIS yet. It really doesn't seem working smooth for us. I wonder if anyone here can tell me who/where should I contact to find out our case. Only thing I know is that they did cash my check to them. Thank you very very much!

Did you get the BCIS receipt?

If yes, then just wait..That's the only thing you'll get.

If you filed advance parole, it should come out about right now.

It took us 6 weeks to receive notice from the Los Angeles office, they schedule your employment interview for 3 weeks later. Also, your fingerprinting appointment letter (ours was 3 days before the interview).

Thanks, Bob!

Do you mean that you received the receipt(or notice of action) 6 weeks after you sent the application? Thank you so much!

It took us 6 weeks to receive notice from the Los Angeles office, they schedule your employment interview for 3 weeks later. Also, your fingerprinting appointment letter (ours was 3 days before the interview).

Thanks, Bob!

Do you mean that you received the receipt(or notice of action) 6 weeks after you sent the application? Thank you so much!

We received the receipt staoled to the appointment letter for EAD appointment 6 weeks after we mailed the application to them. The fingerprint appointment letter arrived the same day

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Bob!

We received the receipt staoled to the appointment letter for EAD appointment 6 weeks after we mailed the application to them. The fingerprint appointment letter arrived the same day

Hi Bob,

Did you have your EAD interview? We just recieved the appointment at 8:30 am next Tuesday. Do you think we should go there early? Did they allow you to go with your wife in the interview? What question did they ask? Thank you for your information!

Thanks, Bob!

Hi Bob,

Did you have your EAD interview? We just recieved the appointment at 8:30 am next Tuesday. Do you think we should go there early? Did they allow you to go with your wife in the interview? What question did they ask? Thank you for your information!

There is no EAD "interview".. The "appointment" is basically showing up so they hand out your card. They take your picture AGAIN...laminate the darn thing and off you go.

When you get to the Federal Building in LA stand in front looking at the 2 entry doors. DO NOT GET IN THE LINE AT THE LEFT. That line is for people without appointments, they are going to stand there for hours. Get in the line to the right, it may be long, but it goes quickly. You have to go through a metal detector, so no sharp objects. Once you are inside take the elevator downstairs (thats right, B232 means Basement Room 232). Appointments are for every half hour, be in line downstairs about 15 minutes before your appointment. They let everyone in at the same time, then line up to show your appointment letter and passport, then photograph, then get your EAD card. Takes about 30 minutes once you are inside. After you leave walk over to Chinatown for lunch, but don't atop at the first place, go down a couple of blocks for a great $2 lunch. <_<