Price Hike

The fact is that not very many of us have enough vacation time to spend months at a time getting to know our fiancees. even if we did most of us couldn't get away from work that long. We do the best we can to get to know our prospective spouses. I made 2 trips to China before we were married. Almost 3 years after her getting here our marriage is still going strong. I knew my ex for 4 years before marrying her and it wasn't nearly as good of a marriage. It is very much like an arranged marriage where you try to find someone with traits you desire and time takes care of the rest. This isn't the same as ignoring red flags and pretending the fantasy relationship is all roses and sunshine. If your fiance is unavailable to you for weeks at a time or continually asking for money or doesn't seem to want to talk to you very often then it is probably time to put the relationship on hold until you are sure. I know several Sino American couples. Some where they knew each other a long time before marriage and spent a lot of time together and some who only made one trip to China. The marriage success rates for both of these types are about the same.

No, Lawrence. The point here is that the fees are going up. Give me a break.

Well what do you want broken????

I was just trying to being some reality to the discussion but feel free to live in a fantasy world.

That's like claiming that we could all show our love for our country by paying extra taxes each year.

I do, thank you, and I hope you do soon, also.

The fact is that not very many of us have enough vacation time to spend months at a time getting to know our fiancees. even if we did most of us couldn't get away from work that long. We do the best we can to get to know our prospective spouses. I made 2 trips to China before we were married. Almost 3 years after her getting here our marriage is still going strong. I knew my ex for 4 years before marrying her and it wasn't nearly as good of a marriage. It is very much like an arranged marriage where you try to find someone with traits you desire and time takes care of the rest. This isn't the same as ignoring red flags and pretending the fantasy relationship is all roses and sunshine. If your fiance is unavailable to you for weeks at a time or continually asking for money or doesn't seem to want to talk to you very often then it is probably time to put the relationship on hold until you are sure. I know several Sino American couples. Some where they knew each other a long time before marriage and spent a lot of time together and some who only made one trip to China. The marriage success rates for both of these types are about the same.

What you say makes total sense. I was just trying to get people to think about reality versus fantasy. There is no guarantee in life on anything except of course as they say death and taxes. Well for me it is just taxes as some will say I am too mean to die.......

My purpose was to get people down to reality and to think with the head on their shoulders..... I have spoken to people here who have told me their logic was that they do not have much so they wanted to find someone who is poor in China so the person will be appy with whatever he can give them. But then that may or may not work either. Some talk of marrying a woman with a child so she will not leave him......all I can say is wow.....

To purpose is to get people to think about what they are doing instead of living in a fantasy world and if things do not work out then complaining about the 864..

You are right, it is not perfect and is in part a crap shoot. But even so, if you approach it with a clear head instead of fantasy you will have more on your side.

And be careful as some say if you go looking for red flags you will find them. I'd agree with you and prefer to say if you do not look for red flags, then they definitely will find you.....

Again, I am not saying I know the right way but rather, I am questioning things and trying to get people to use their gray matter. :unsure: :yikes:

I was just trying to being some reality to the discussion but feel free to live in a fantasy world.

That's like claiming that we could all show our love for our country by paying extra taxes each year.

Well that is a silly statement, as you all pay more taxes as our income rises, if we live in an apartment the rent goes up, if we own a home the real estate taxes go up, if we buy a car the prices seem to increase each year as does the cost of clothesm food,, travel, toys, vacations. So usin gyour logic we must love everybody and everyone has their hands in our pockets.. Randy, that is life, get use to it.

Out of curiosity what is your reaction when the local government raises your real estate taxes every year? Do you declare independence from your county, send them a love letter or just pay it??? So lets get real.

oop's sorry but I have to get back to work....

Well that is a silly statement, as you all pay more taxes as our income rises, if we live in an apartment the rent goes up, if we own a home the real estate taxes go up, if we buy a car the prices seem to increase each year as does the cost of clothesm food,, travel, toys, vacations. So usin gyour logic we must love everybody and everyone has their hands in our pockets.. Randy, that is life, get use to it.

Out of curiosity what is your reaction when the local government raises your real estate taxes every year? Do you declare independence from your county, send them a love letter or just pay it??? So lets get real.

oop's sorry but I have to get back to work....

We need a ModBot automatic response generator for carrying on conversations like these :yikes: :unsure:

What you say makes total sense. I was just trying to get people to think about reality versus fantasy.

I think what Randy is saying and what I'd like to second is that such a discussion does not belong in a thread for a simple question about when a change in fees is scheduled to occur. This is the AOS and Immigration Challenges forum. It's for subjects that apply AFTER the visa is granted and the SO is in the USA.

If you want to talk some more about the reality of long distance relationships we have other forums and threads where such a discussion is more appropriate.

Edited by Duke (see edit history)