THE WORLD'S BEST TEAPOT...

Post us a link, CFL members always want to help out other CFL members! I can find you listed on http://www.alibaba.com, but do you have a website?

Thanks for the interest, but my website isn't up yet. Designer took a "real" job and left me stranded.

I hope to have it up soon, maybe a couple of weeks. For now, members can just PM me for information if they are interested. I have a small selection of gai wan, the Kamjove infuser pots in .5 liter and 1.0 liter sizes and 14 varieties of tea, including White Tea, Yue Lu (Moon Dew King of Tea Heart), Tie Guan Ying, Guan Ying Wong, Mo Li Hua (Jasmine Tea), Gong Fu Hong Cha (GENUINE Red Tea, not the South African shrub) and Ku Ding among others. I'm not shy about my pricing at all, but I will offer a very nice discount for CFL'ers.

For those who want to check back in about 2 to 4 weeks, the website will be www.newchinateahouse.com .

Best Regards

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i13.tinypic.com/2hyz31j.jpg

110 V. or 220 V power needed?

Steve

You boil the water in tea kettle or pot normally on your stove like you do for a tea bag, then you poor the hot water into the pot pictured either over loose tea, tea leaves, flower tea, or even coffee grounds. The pot pictured does not plug into a wall outlet.

I had heard (from one chinese person) that it is best not to let the water boil as it loses it oxygen and not optimal for tea drinking (?)

http://i13.tinypic.com/2hyz31j.jpg

110 V. or 220 V power needed?

Steve

You boil the water in tea kettle or pot normally on your stove like you do for a tea bag, then you poor the hot water into the pot pictured either over loose tea, tea leaves, flower tea, or even coffee grounds. The pot pictured does not plug into a wall outlet.

I had heard (from one chinese person) that it is best not to let the water boil as it loses it oxygen and not optimal for tea drinking (?)

I've not heard that one, but I do know (from a western "scientific" perspective) that it isn't good to brew green teas (including white tea) with water that is above 80-82C in temperature as that will damage the polyphenols (catechins) that contribute so much to the health benefits of those teas.

I have had Chinese tell me that making green tea with water that is too hot makes the tea "bitter". Probably just a different way of saying the same thing. It's OK to boil Oolongs and pu'er teas, but not green teas like bi lo chun, yue lu, bai cha, leung jing, etc....

Best Regards

David,

It depends on the tea as the temperature of the water will have a different effect on the different teas and the way they were processed.

I have found that unless you go to a tea house where they mostly follow strict tradition in brewing and ceremony, most common folk simply use a water cooker, boil the water to the max because they generally use tap water, and damn the torpedoes.

P.S. Good point. I always use spring water when I make tea. The crud in most tap water, no matter WHERE you reside, is probably enough to offset ANY benefit of any beverage. Lao Po does the same.