ring size

As a heads up there, 55 mm circumference = 1.75cm diameter.

We have been having this discussion for some time. It took forever for her to give the measurement as the circumference of 55 mm. I don't have to tell anyone here what it is like trying to get a woman from China to do something that we consider as simple.

Right now I am trying get her to buy a airline ticket to meet me in Beijing. She keeps saying the price will be less if she waits. I have told her I am paying for the ticket and I don't care about the price, that I want her at the airport on a certain day at a certain time. I have given her the flight number and departure times for both flights. Now she is waiting for New Years to be over. The flight I have selected would put her in Beijing 30 minutes after my flight arrives from the US.

Next Sunday I will have to tell her if she does not get a ticket for the flight I have indicated because she waited to long I will visit the Great Wall without her. There are times when it is good to try to save money and other times when it get exasperating. Maybe I will use her statements of "you are the husband and know best" and tell her to just do it because I am the husband, period. That probably won't work either, but it may be worth a try. :lol:

I hear you man!

My SO did the exact same thing last time I visited her. It was 5 days before I arrived in BJ and she still wanted to wait. I got online after I got off the phone with her, bought her an e-ticket, called her back and told her to just get her a$$ to the airport with her ID. That worked out great because by the time she was ready to buy the ticket, they were sold out on that flight.

I got my point across and she listens to me now! :huh:

WOW, we're just all over the place here....... :ph34r:

Don't feel bad, my friend; it seems this same issue was confounding to members here, back in the 'old' days of The Don's Kingdom !!

While doing a google search on the subject, I stumbled across this blast-from-the-past; over three years ago !! Things really never do change, it seems ?? LOL :lol: .................

James T Oct 31 2003, 02:52 AM

This may seem to be a bit of an odd request, but as I haven't visited my fiance in China in some time; I wish to give this lovely lady something to show my love and commitment to our marriage and the obvious good idea seems to be to just send her an Engagement Ring. The problem being that while I have located a reasonably priced white gold diamond ring it is in an average American size (7) and I can't seem to get a good idea of what size she wears as she has told me that her Chinese ring size taken at a local jewler there is size #11. My fiance is not a large lady by any means at about 5'3" tall and not heavy at all; thus I would guess she is something below the size #7 (American) I have possibly in the #6 category. I tried to locate a table on the net that would take me from her Chinese size #11 to an American size or maybe a mm or inch size; but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this, it's important to our relationship as the wait is so long now, waiting now 7 months on the stupid name check. I should have done this earlier, but.... Anyway if someone can help I would be quite happy. Thanks!

tywy_99 Oct 31 2003, 03:16 AM

http://www.sndgems.com/ringsize1.htm

I found this chart. It has a japanese size that seems to be similair but I can't be sure it is the same as the chinese.

Ring sizes in the United States (US) are based on a numbering system from 1 to 15 with ? sizes in between. One half size in the US system is roughly equivalent to one whole size in the British (UK) and Australian (AU) System which are measured by alphabetical letters A-Z. The sizes are also evenly spaced with ?sizes in between. European sizes are based on the circumference measurement of the ring in millimetres. The more general European system of ring sizes use the inner circumference (in mm) minus 40. Japanese (JP) sizes are also a numerical system based on the ring's diameter, one division being one third of a millimetre starting with size 1, at 13mm inside diameter.

Kaige Oct 31 2003, 05:38 AM

On ring sizes your wife gave it to you in centemeters, if you know her american shoe size, her ring size should be the same, example shoe size 5 is ring size 5, check out your shoes and finger size

se_lang Oct 31 2003, 08:27 AM

http://solitaire.com.sg/knowledge/ringsize.html

Has many !!

tywy_99 Oct 31 2003, 08:37 AM

QUOTE(--Kaige @ Oct 31 2003, 06:38 AM)

On ring sizes your wife gave it to you in centemeters, if you know her american shoe size, her ring size should be the same, example shoe size 5 is ring size 5, check out your shoes and finger size

Hmm....sounds a little kinky there Kaige......

Right now I am trying get her to buy a airline ticket to meet me in Beijing. She keeps saying the price will be less if she waits. I have told her I am paying for the ticket and I don't care about the price, that I want her at the airport on a certain day at a certain time. I have given her the flight number and departure times for both flights. Now she is waiting for New Years to be over. The flight I have selected would put her in Beijing 30 minutes after my flight arrives from the US.

Next Sunday I will have to tell her if she does not get a ticket for the flight I have indicated because she waited to long I will visit the Great Wall without her.

Rak, my friend, I would commend to you one of the guidelines that has been successful in my relationship ... "If it pertains to China Lao Po has the last word, if it pertains to America, Lao Gong has the last word".

Works for us ...don't stress out.