which credit card is better?

HI EVERYONE HERE!

I Haven't got a credit card yet,and i'vd seen so many kinds of credit cards here in the States,would like to get advice and comments from you guys which card is better for me to apply to,sure i want the following:

1.which i can easily use at China also,and at a cheap charge on interest for overdraw

2.which card has the low interest for using the money in advance

3.which card can be applied for someone like i who has no credit record yet

also,i've seen many big stores have their own credit card which can also be used as discount cards there,willl that be of any good deal?

one card is enough? or more is better?

thanks to u all for any help! :rolleyes:

Guest blsqueaky

Just to put my two cents in here. I have to disagree with the statements about paying off the bill every month. When I had to re-establish my credit, I was told my a few different credit card institutions that it is better to make payments on the balance so that it shows that you are paying as agreed. Paying off the balance every month does not show a real credit history. Now maybe they where blowing some smoke my way so that they could get the interest, but then again they also told me to make more than the minimum payment every month. Well I have been doing what they said, and now every 6 months I keep getting increases in my limits.

Just my two cents, and again, maybe I am very wrong here.

Yeah, and that creates a problem for some of us. I was 46 years old when I went into the bank to ask about a car loan.

"For how much?"

"I only need a couple of thousand dollars, I have the rest in cash."

"Well, we usually don't like to do small loans, but we might since you have auto-deposit and we know you have a good job." "How long do you want the term to be?"

"Only a couple of months."

"Oh. OK. Let me check your credit and while that is being done, you can fill out the forms."

A few minutes later, "Ah, Mr. Krout, it appears that you don't have any credit history!"

Turns out that just what you are saying was true. I had always paid things off in two or three months, so no history was posted.

"How did you pay for your last car?"

"Cash."

"What about the one before that?"

"Cash."

"You really shouldn't do that." "I take it you have always paid cash for your cars?"

"Yep."

"What about credit cards?"

"Never had one."

Since then my wife cleaned me out on a divorce settlement, so going back to the US may be a real pain for awhile.