Application for Naturalization (N-400)

My wife finally decided to become a citizen so I recently submitted her papers and noted that the application clearly stated:

Note on Filing Fee:

$330. Except that no fee is required for military applicants filing under Section 328 and 329 of the INA.

A $70 fee for biometrics may be required.

Fees are accepted in the form of money order, personal check or cashiers check only. Checks should be made payable to Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Now I remember way back when (over 7 years ago) we paid $ for finger prints in the beginning of our VISA process¡­ so I thought that we would NOT need it again.

WRONG! ;)

They have held up her papers until I submit the $70 fee before they will continue the process. Now I want to know what the hell did they do with her original finger prints? Do they think we change them or exchanged them for another set? :angry:

They were pretty good in cashing my check and then telling me that there¡¯s a hold on our application. :angry:

What a way to squeeze another $70 fee for something that they already have. :angry:

So remember to always send more money than they need¡­ or this could happen to you. :angry:

My tax money at work! :angry:

Edited by Urkidding (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

You got plenty of dough, just cough it up and get on with it.

Holy Macau! :blink: :o

I just stumbled upon Urkidding's photos in the gallery and if that's his home/mansion in the photos, then he's indeed got money dripping out of his ears. That mansion would be at least $2 million where I live--if we had lot sizes as big as those in his neighborhood. Jesus! :o

Indeed, this is chump change for you. Good luck getting a speedy naturalization! :plane:

Update: we resubmitted N-400 with additional $70 for finger printing and recieved confirmation letter w/ appt. for March. Next Step - Finger Print Appointment.

p.s. - Sir Lance - That's why we live where we live - WIFEY counts EVERY penny! :)