Chinese Input App

Guest Guest:Zhen's Tiger_*

Guest Guest:Zhen's Tiger_*

Does anyone know of a good, free Chinese IME (Input Method Editor)? I've installed everything Microsoft says you need to input Chinese characters in any application running on XP and have the Asian language packs installed, but when Zhen types her name, she says it is no good... to me it looks fine (chinese), but she says it's not right & I have to believe her, she would know better than I! :)

Thanks!

Steve

Does anyone know of a good, free Chinese IME (Input Method Editor)? I've installed everything Microsoft says you need to input Chinese characters in any application running on XP and have the Asian language packs installed, but when Zhen types her name, she says it is no good... to me it looks fine (chinese), but she says it's not right & I have to believe her, she would know better than I! :)

Thanks!

Steve

If she wants to use a writing pad for Chinese characters, install the Japanese IME (not very good), or Twinbridge @ http://www.twinbridge.com

Thanks!

Steve

It's hard to know what problem we are solving without more details... you say it looks chinese... perhaps she might have configured Traditional Chinese instead of Simplified??? I don't know...

XP supports Pinyin input natively... you can also use others like WuBi Xing... There are three things required to type Chinese simplified (at a minimum)...

1. Asian language fonts installed... you did that.

2. Select MS Pinyin IME 3.0 (if you want Pinyin)

3. Ensure CH is selected in the language input

This has some pretty detailed instructions for using native XP pinyin input of Chinese Simplified.

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments%26Progra...llation_XP.html

Edited by AmericanRooster (see edit history)