Lost permanent resident card

To leaving country all that is needed to show is passport. If lost I would suspect that a visit to the nearest US consulate would be in order.

If you are outside the U.S. and have lost your alien registration card, contact the nearest American Consulate, USCIS Office or Port of Entry before attempting to file a Form I-90. If your Form I-90 application is approved, you will be mailed a replacement Permanent Resident Card,Form I-551, with a ten-year expiration date from the date of issuance.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

To leaving country all that is needed to show is passport. If lost I would suspect that a visit to the nearest US consulate would be in order.

If you are outside the U.S. and have lost your alien registration card, contact the nearest American Consulate, USCIS Office or Port of Entry before attempting to file a Form I-90. If your Form I-90 application is approved, you will be mailed a replacement Permanent Resident Card,Form I-551, with a ten-year expiration date from the date of issuance.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Issuance from the original date or the replacement date?

Issuance from the original date or the replacement date?

Good question, the 10 year card is a permanent card, so makes sense to just issue a new 10 year card with new issue, and expiration date, however a conditional 2 year card I would suspect will be reissued with the same issue, and expiration date of the lost one, just like if you used the I-90 to get an error corrected on the conditional card.

SEE:

How Do I Request Corrections to Immigration Documents Due to INS or USCIS Administrative Error?

Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)