Renew EAD #2

From what I have read over on VJ it seems to take the same length of time, it is recommended to renew 90 days before the expiration of the EAD expires.

We are in the process of renewing our EAD.

Is the processing time faster or the same as

the initial EAD?

thanks

Hello Pete! Sorry to see you and your's are still being kept in the dark. :angry:

That black hole really sucks!! Are you making Info-Pass appointments to make sure it hasn't fallen between the cracks and isn't setting gathering dust on someone's desk or something? :lol:

Looks like the timeline for renewing EAD's is about the same as for requesting new ones. It really sucks that you have to pay the fee over again.......I know I'm not tell you something you already didn't know. Sorry about that! :blink:

You know, all of us here at CFL are pulling for your AOS approval and issuance of a 10-year GC. Here's hoping it happens real soon!! :)

PapaBear B)

Edited by PapaBear (see edit history)

Well, my wife is working part time (10 hrs per wk) as a teacher's aid

at SF City college. It has done quite a bit for her self esteem.

The bad news, we should have filed for the renewal in late November or early December but didn't because we figured the GC would show up and my wife did not want to spend the money. I did manage to

shave off two weeks by getting the bio done as soon as we got the notice, rather then waiting for the appointment date. I hope that makes a difference. Who knows........Judging from last year's timeline,

BIO to Card in hand, we just might make the 2/28 deadline. If not, she will be off the payroll.

She is ready for her return trip to China this summer and will spend a month or so. I'll go for about the last two weeks and we will tour Hunan. I'm looking forward to seeing Uncle Mao's birthplace and I'll be sure to bring home some of the old commie souvenirs. So this weekend I'll put the AP in the mail along with the $170 check. :angry:

So this weekend I'll put the AP in the mail along with the $170 check. :angry:

Maybe applying for AP will get your case moving toward approval.....it did for us (look at our timelinme). I know.....applying for AP really didn't have anything to do with our's as our mailing date for AP was the same date our security/namecheck cleared the system. My wife still complains about lossing the $170.....she even had me call USCIS and ask if they'd kindly return the money. Ha, ha ha!!! :angry:

Here's hoping your case clears and GC (has to be a 10-year) comes in the nick of time!! :beer:

PapaBear B)