Renew EAD

Quick question, if anyone has idea what to:

my EAD will be expired in 2 months

Green Card approved 6 months ago with wrong data. sent it back, stilling waiting...

do i need to renew my EAD to allow me continue working?

i do appreciate any answer from you. thank you.

I would say NO, this is what you need to do, make an INFO-Pass appointment, and bring documentation showing that Green card was issued but you had to return it for an error correction. You should have a receipt notice for the returned green-card.

The officer at the USCIS office should stamp your passport with an I-551 stamp making your passport a temporary green-card.

You can also use the I-551 stamp in your passport to get the restriction notification on your SS card removed.

Use InfoPass and New Photos upon I-485 Approval

Posted Oct 15, 2004

Receiving an I-797 Approval Notice for the I-485 Adjustment of Status case is a joyous occasion. Most people want to follow up right away to obtain the I-551 stamp or the temporary evidence of lawful permanent residence status in the passport from the USCIS office. After a few months, there is the arrival of the actual I-551 card (the plastic "green card," which is no longer green in color!). If one follows the instructions on the current Form I-797 Approval Notice, however, s/he will be misdirected. Concerns regarding this matter, and the inevitable frustration experienced by those trying to follow the instructions, led the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) to question the USCIS Service Center Operations on September 27, 2004. The USCIS indicated that they will work to have the I-485 Approval Notice instructions changed, but it may take some time.

The current approval notice only indicates that approved persons should go to the local USCIS office and take two ADIT-style photographs, in the format previously required. The proper procedure, however, is to set up an InfoPass appointment online using the USCIS Internet appointment system at a specific USCIS local office and to bring photographs under the recently-revised photo specifications, in order to obtain the I-551 stamp.

Those who have been granted an I-485 approval notice should disregard the instructions on the approval notice and schedule an appointment through InfoPass at the local USCIS office. Further, the photos in the new format should be taken to the scheduled appointment for the I-551 stamp. By doing so, such persons will usually be able to get a temporary I-551 stamp in the passport as proof of status until the physical green card is received in the mail approximately 2 months to 12 months later.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_useinf.html

http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

You do not have to pay for someones mistake when making out your I-551 Green Card.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)