THE TIMING OF ATTENDING ACH

agm

Hello All

I have been receiving lots of valuable advices and informations on different topics from members of CFL. And, I thank you all of you.

So far, I found that attending ACH is one of the most important action I can take. (Beside preparing enough doecumentations)

Now, I have three questions about attending ACH.

1. The timing. I believe attending should be after assignment of GUZ # ????

(If I do not have this #, then, GUZ can not record my attendance ??)

2. Since, members of CFL have been educating me so well, I may not have too much of questions to ask at the ACH. (Technical aspects wise). Hahahahhahhah. In this case, is it possilbe for me to show GUZ my all the documents , and to have GUZ to verify adequacy of documents ????

3. Who I will be talking with at the ACH. Is this person actually VO ??

Thank you

Edited by agm (see edit history)

Another little thing is to register with the local consluate whenever you are in China. Doesn't matter if it is Shanghai or Shenyang. You can even do it online. Leave a record that you are there. It will be available to GUZ at interview time.

ACH is a very good way, also.

Hello donahso

Please could you explain more on this..... register with the local consulate. Does it work with HKG consulate too ???

Thank you

Attending ACH is a wise decision, good face. If that means anything.

Although, there are too many other factors, ACH or no ACH.

Bonified Relationship. ACH does show involvement, as does interview day, and trips to China.

and so on. This is my belief.

But, not required, in terms of many cases.

I did not attend ACH, but rather spoke to a Consulate Officer in Guanzhou in Citizens Services who had prior work experience in the IV Unit. I was logged as visiting the Consulate. The response was informative, but not a conclusive one.

You walk into China, they know. ;)

Attending ACH is a wise decision, good face. If that means anything.

Although, there are too many other factors, ACH or no ACH.

Bonified Relationship. ACH does show involvement, as does interview day, and trips to China.

and so on. This is my belief.

But, not required, in terms of many cases.

I did not attend ACH, but rather spoke to a Consulate Officer in Guanzhou in Citizens Services who had prior work experience in the IV Unit. I was logged as visiting the Consulate. The response was informative, but not a conclusive one.

You walk into China, they know. ;)

Hello yuan fen for the reply.

Actually, I am thinking about documeting attending ACH for content of "evolution of relationship", and when I am handing out my passport to my wife when she has an interview,

so that VO can read it. (I hope VO will read it. Hahahahhahah)

I Yea going to the ACH and being there in GZ for the interview will

help a bunch. But the VO's dont always work every Friday.

The day I was there, this bunch was out on the Golf Course at 2.30pm.

Bobby....

Ohhhhh, No.

I can not believe !!!!!

Please someone give me answers for my 3 questions !!!

Thank you

Another little thing is to register with the local consluate whenever you are in China. Doesn't matter if it is Shanghai or Shenyang. You can even do it online. Leave a record that you are there. It will be available to GUZ at interview time.

Don:

Is there a listing of where the US has consolutes? I will be in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Hainan plus who knows where else.

Hello donahso

I check with GUZ consulate website, but, I can not find the way to register inter-net with them.

Please advice me how to register with them on inter-net.

Thank you

Don:

Is there a listing of where the US has consolutes? I will be in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Hainan plus who knows where else.

Lawarence and anyone who wants to know.

Here is th link that will help.

https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs

Don:

My take is that the real purpose for registration is in case there is a need to evacuate US Citizens for some reason. It's just good to let the Dept. of State know your travel plans. The side benefit for petitioners is an additional official record that you at least said you were in country.

You probably want a separate registration for Honk Kong and one for China. HK is not listed as part of the US Diplomatic Mission to China. It has its own Consul General that includes Macao.

Looks like the questions have been answered.

To find the location of consulates in China, go to the embassy website in BJ. It has a list of all the consulates.

As far as an ACH in HK, I don't have a clue. I'm sure they would let you know if you emailed them the question. HK is a LOT more user friendly than GUZ.

BJ or VJ???

The only definition I have for a BJ doesn't seem like I'd get one in the Consolute? Or am I wrong on this???