GZ Answered the Phone!

Yes, it took about 10 calls to get thru, but finally I got a real person (and I was on hold for only about a minute)!!! I was told that yesterday GZ actually entered me into the system and began my background check.

And so ... (1) my forms weren't lost and ... (2) they sat around in GZ for "only" a month!

:lol: :lol: ;)

I want to share with all of you the most recent portion of my K-3 timeline:

March 11 - GZ mails me P3 via regular mail.

March 15 - I receive P3.

March 17 - I return the two forms for GZ to begin my background check.

March 18 - GZ (White Swan Hotel) receives the forms.

April 15 - GZ begins my background check.

Could anyone tell me about how long I should allow for my background check? And then for my interview?

No guarantees, but am I getting close?

:P

Your case is proceeding quite smoothly so far. It is difficult to accept this one month wait for an envelope to be opened, how can that be, we ask? It just does not have any relationship to the everyday life we are accustomed to. I have seen letters in the mail room of a large corporation take 5 days to reach their destination within the building and be opened, but a month? This is so long! The only way I consoled myself on this matter was just to think again about how many thousands of cases this consulate handles every year. They issue something like 40,000 visas per year, I believe. I hope you will continue to be lucky with your case :D .