SSN and Green Card?

Actually I don't see any reason other than confusion that you couldn't have your SSN and state drivers license / ID card in your married name and your green card in your maiden name.

yes, I feel the same. I have SSN and dirver license in my married name ,which i can use in the US, and I have green card and passport in my maiden name, which I only use when I back and forth to the US. but I heard some employer will not hire you if your SSN and your green card are not consistent?

The employeer is required to complete Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. The green card is all that is needed for this form. The SSN is needed for tax forms and the name difference SHOULD NOT be an issue, but that is in a perfect world.

thanks for your explanation man. I went to SSN office last week. The officer said I can put my husband's family name on SSN. as long as I show her my marriage certification. I didnt take it , so she said sorry then. but I have chinese marriage certification, Does it need to be notorized or coverted to american marriage certification? If I want to get an american marriage certification. What should I do? and how much does it cost?

thanks all guys here

The translated copy of your Marriage book from China is what is needed, I would immaging you had this done at the Notary office in China.

I was pissed off by american goverment just now. Today here it was raining, but we still went to SSN office as we planed before. I got there around 8:20am, and found a lot people( most of them are blacks amd mexican) waitting there already. I got my number and it was the 10th. SSN officer started work at 9:00am. It was my turn around 9:40am. The different officer met me . I told her I want to put my husband family there, she said why I didnt change it before I got my green card? I told her I dont know, probably because there is my maiden name on my passport, then she took my marriage certification to ask someone help.Few mins later she told me she will do my son's first as he wont change his name then do mine later. My son SSN was Ok, and I signed my name on the paper, then I got a notice.then she tried to put my husband's name there, but she told me the PC system didnt take it in. I thought probably immigration and SSN shared the same system. She copied my passport, green card, and notorized marriage certificate and told me she will call me later today if she can do it or not. As I also took a SSN aaplication on my maiden name with me , I tried to tell her if I cant get my husband's family, I will keep my maiden name, but she didnt listen to me, kept telling me she will call me today and let me know what I should do :D :P :o I told her I just moved here around 1 month, has no car, so it is not easy for me to come SSN office, She still said she will call me. :( :( :blink: :lol: Oh man, it seems she wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. Now I understand why I waited for long time to get my visa, government sucks.