Question about the medical interview process

Tiger320

My wife told me too that she had to take off all of her clothes. But she had a male doctor do the exam. She DID NOT have to "SPREAD 'EM" however he did a quick breast exam. She said it was very quick. To say the least I wasn't very happy to hear about this. Also there was no one else in the room. My wife assured me that it was very quick and no harm was done. Things in China are not the same as in the USA.

Oh I see. How so are things in China diff. in USA?

In the USA, if a female patient has to see a male doctor, then the presence of another female in the room is required. Not so in China.

My wife told me too that she had to take off all of her clothes. But she had a male doctor do the exam. She DID NOT have to "SPREAD 'EM" however he did a quick breast exam. She said it was very quick. To say the least I wasn't very happy to hear about this. Also there was no one else in the room. My wife assured me that it was very quick and no harm was done. Things in China are not the same as in the USA.

In the USA, if a female patient has to see a male doctor, then the presence of another female in the room is required. Not so in China.

Oh, okay. I did not know that. I just thought it was just "preference" in the USA. But, I assume maybe all the docs in China are all professional and the physical exam probably is very quick, easy, and painless. Hope my fiancee will be comfortable with whatever she has. I think the doc varies from place to place too.

Oh, okay. I did not know that. I just thought it was just "preference" in the USA. But, I assume maybe all the docs in China are all professional and the physical exam probably is very quick, easy, and painless. Hope my fiancee will be comfortable with whatever she has. I think the doc varies from place to place too.

And don't forget how fast they have to be. They are veryyyyyy busy. I am sure your SO will be fine :) No need to worry my friend.

And don't forget how fast they have to be. They are veryyyyyy busy. I am sure your SO will be fine :) No need to worry my friend.

Yep. From others' experiences, it seems the "whole" process takes quite a long time, up to several hours; probably because of switching to different stations and waiting, but I think one spends very little *actual* time at the different (if there are) stations, heh.

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)

And don't forget how fast they have to be. They are veryyyyyy busy. I am sure your SO will be fine :D No need to worry my friend.

Yep. It seems the "whole" process takes quite a long time, up to several hours; probably because of switching to different stations and waiting, but I think one spends very little *actual* time at the different (if there are) stations, heh.

This is what my SO told me, too.........No problems just hurry up and wait :)

Hmm, alright. Does anyone know if medical procedures (like exam types, placement, etc) differ for different reasons, like different visas (Fiance/marriage vs worker/school) or entry purposes? Or is it a standard procedure for the same: immigration to America? I think it would probably be fairly the same for all. Pretty much anyone who comes to America for whatever has to do the same type of requirement? Or maybe there are some subtle differences.

Hmm, alright. Does anyone know if medical procedures (like exam types, placement, etc) differ for different reasons, like different visas (Fiance/marriage vs worker/school) or entry purposes? Or is it a standard procedure for the same: immigration to America? I think it would probably be fairly the same for all. Pretty much anyone who comes to America for whatever has to do the same type of requirement? Or maybe there are some subtle differences.

One difference is that CR1s must have vaccinations done.

One indirect difference is simply whether the hospital/clinic you go to can do all the necessary parts of the medical or you have to visit two locations (which I think can occur for CR1s in certain Shanghai locations, as an example).

Ah, so it seems different parts are split into different departments and doctors (I presume also)... which only seems to make it probably much more stressful and confusing. I originally thought it was with one doctor... Hmm, I wonder if the docs do the full (where you take off your clothes?) physical too.

We had ours done in GZ. 8 Dec. and from time she left to go and have

it done till the time she came back was about 3-4 hours.

One of the ladys from MR "whatz his name" in the consulate building went with her.

Then you go back and pick up the results the next day. That took about

2 hours as they are always busy. The waiting room was full of others getting

results done or either picking up the results

My wife told me they did make sure she was a real female...

or real male it you have a female USC SO.

Yes she did have to take her cloths off, and yes it was a lady that checked her body.

Now if they made her "SPREAD EM" I'm not sure.

She said they did write down the location and put in her file all marks on her body

like birth marks, molds, scares, tattoos, and thats she was 100% female no aftermarket

or replacement parts was added to her body.

Bobby....

Hmm... interesting. I don't know for sure how it works, but I was referring to the possibility of a full lower-body inspection, such as a pelvic exam (or similar) for females or similar for males. But it seems this is rare, and other countries have docs that do it (It seems Canada & London medical exams require this more), not so sure about China. Anyway, probably the breast exam is most common type of inspection for females and vice versa, and the latter isn't, or maybe it is age dependent? Some friends of mine said they never had to do such for their exams. If it is required, then as chilton said, the difference between China & USA is kind of scary without the presence of the female if a male doctor does it. Oh well, hope all for the best and good luck. :P

Edited by Kabijin (see edit history)

Ah, so it seems different parts are split into different departments and doctors (I presume also)... which only seems to make it probably much more stressful and confusing. I originally thought it was with one doctor... Hmm, I wonder if the docs do the full (where you take off your clothes?) physical too.

We had ours done in GZ. 8 Dec. and from time she left to go and have

it done till the time she came back was about 3-4 hours.

One of the ladys from MR "whatz his name" in the consulate building went with her.

Then you go back and pick up the results the next day. That took about

2 hours as they are always busy. The waiting room was full of others getting

results done or either picking up the results

My wife told me they did make sure she was a real female...

or real male it you have a female USC SO.

Yes she did have to take her cloths off, and yes it was a lady that checked her body.

Now if they made her "SPREAD EM" I'm not sure.

She said they did write down the location and put in her file all marks on her body

like birth marks, molds, scares, tattoos, and thats she was 100% female no aftermarket

or replacement parts was added to her body.

Bobby....

Hmm... interesting. I don't know for sure how it works, but I was referring to the possibility of a full lower-body inspection, such as a pelvic exam (or similar) for females or similar for males. But it seems this is rare, and other countries have docs that do it (It seems Canada & London medical exams require this more), not so sure about China. Anyway, probably the breast exam is most common type of inspection for females and vice versa, and the latter isn't, or maybe it is age dependent? Some friends of mine said they never had to do such for their exams. If it is required, then as chilton said, the difference between China & USA is kind of scary without the presence of the female if a male doctor does it. Oh well, hope all for the best and good luck. ;)

By the way, if the doctor would have done anything innappropriate then my wife would have sent him through the wall head first :D Really there is nothing to worry about.