AOS & EAD

I filed the AOS and EAD paperwork at the request Laopo with an attorney. The papers I filled out had already been done when we submitted our I-130 last year. So following the guide of those and adding a little new information, because she is now in the USA, it was much easier than my brain would let me think at the beginning. Disappointing it was that the attorney wanted $1500 to do it when he already had basically done it and had everything he needed. Thanks to all for giving me some ideas and help when I got stuck on some questions. We are waiting for the checks to clear and NOA now. This is a great helpful group and I am glad I joined!!

I hope all have a wonderful Holiday season. Laopo doesn't understand much of the concept of it and is very disappointed that we in the USA do not get a 2 week holiday from work at our major Holiday time, :lol:. But the twinkling tree and other decorations puts a smile on her face. Saturday night we will do some driving around and let her experience the various housing areas where all homes are lit up!!!!!

Thanks again and to all a Happy Holidays

Mike and Xiaolan

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)

Good luck with the AOS, hopefully if all is well they will sent the paperwork to California, and approve it with out interview. :lol:

Thanks to all for giving me some ideas and help when I got stuck on some questions.

We aim to Please!............ :surrender:

A lawyer really isn't needed to do the paperwork unless you're filthy rich and don't want to be bothered with it. I find that attitude so vain!..but hey!,,,I'm not filthy rich either!...:rolleyes:

-good luck with the AOS.

I am not rich by any means. And yesterday my checks sent with the AOS paperwork cleared the bank!!!!

Thanks to all for giving me some ideas and help when I got stuck on some questions.

We aim to Please!............ :)

A lawyer really isn't needed to do the paperwork unless you're filthy rich and don't want to be bothered with it. I find that attitude so vain!..but hey!,,,I'm not filthy rich either!...:(

-good luck with the AOS.

I am not rich by any means. And yesterday my checks sent with the AOS paperwork cleared the bank!!!!

We aim to Please!............ :rolleyes:

A lawyer really isn't needed to do the paperwork unless you're filthy rich and don't want to be bothered with it. I find that attitude so vain!..but hey!,,,I'm not filthy rich either!...:ph34r:

-good luck with the AOS.

You should be receiving the I-797C AOS notice of receipt in the mail in a week or two. Hang on to that notice because, until your wife gets the GC, the notice can serve as "proof of lawful presence" should you ever need it.