Waiting time after approval from NVC

Hellow you all!! Benjamin from California.

concerning the K3(marrage) visa process for my wife.

Well I finished all the requirements paid fee's ect--for the DS-230 and I-864.

I've sent everything into the NVC (received Nov 20th, 2006). It is in review now.

So now everything is done for U.S.A state-side paperwork.

Now if I get no FBI hits or anything and NVC approves I (or we) wait to hear from the Consulate or Embassy in GuangZhou, (Guandong province).

I'm here now at my wife's flat in ShenZhen. She has no prior marrage, no kids, no police trouble anything. Her home town is in JaingXi province.

A little farther north.

I met a Man here from New York who has just gotten his interview and visa for his Chinese wife out of GuangZhou. He told me he had a lawyer handle everything (maybe this was his problem?) and he still waited at least one year from the time he got approval with NVC state side (where I'm in my process right now). Does this sound about right??/ :(

Well, say NVC approves my DS-230 and I-864 no problem.

Considering where I am in my process and where my wife is from does anyone have any other encouraging time-line news who might have done this from a similar area? It Doesn't have to be encouraging just give it to me stright ha ha ----------thanks anyone/everyone------------From Benjamin.

Once NVC sends the CR1 case to GUZ, it should take about 3-5 months for your wife to receive the appointment letter, P4. You can call DOS in about two months to see if it is entered and most importantly if the name check is started and check back to see if it's completed. That is the only hold up that should occur to getting the P4.

Yep. As David said.

Figure that the typical CR1 runs anywhere from 12 to 18+ months. Hope yours is quick.

Yes, David is the man!!

though some may go a little faster ( My self K3 CR1 )

Take a look at my time line, Almost done here in the US!!

Hellow you all!! Benjamin from California.

concerning the K3(marrage) visa process for my wife.

Well I finished all the requirements paid fee's ect--for the DS-230 and I-864.

I've sent everything into the NVC (received Nov 20th, 2006). It is in review now.

So now everything is done for U.S.A state-side paperwork.

Now if I get no FBI hits or anything and NVC approves I (or we) wait to hear from the Consulate or Embassy in GuangZhou, (Guandong province).

I'm here now at my wife's flat in ShenZhen. She has no prior marrage, no kids, no police trouble anything. Her home town is in JaingXi province.

A little farther north.

I met a Man here from New York who has just gotten his interview and visa for his Chinese wife out of GuangZhou. He told me he had a lawyer handle everything (maybe this was his problem?) and he still waited at least one year from the time he got approval with NVC state side (where I'm in my process right now). Does this sound about right??/ :lol:

Well, say NVC approves my DS-230 and I-864 no problem.

Considering where I am in my process and where my wife is from does anyone have any other encouraging time-line news who might have done this from a similar area? It Doesn't have to be encouraging just give it to me stright ha ha ----------thanks anyone/everyone------------From Benjamin.

Benjamin,

You have good answers for a CR1 visa and your references to DS-230 and I-864 approval match a CR1 petition and visa process. Above, however, you refer to K3. I just wanted to confirm that you are asking about timelines for a CR1, not a K3. Did you file both an I-130 and later an I-129F for a K3 or just the I-130?