Completely New Topic

My fiancee and I began this journey back in August 2006 and recently we got our N0A2 approval from the California Service Center. We're now waiting for it to arrive at the NVC. My fiancee was talking to me today about something she was concerned about when she went to the interview in GUZ. She's concerned because I had a previous K1 approval from 6 years ago, a marriage that ended in divorce. Even though that K1 didn't involve anyone from China (it was Uzbekistan), my fiancee is worried that the previous K1 on my record will convince the VO at GUZ to give us a white slip. She had read on the Chinese forum where an American man had a previous K1 that ended in divorce (his previous K1 was from the Philippines) and the VO asked that Chinese fiancee for his passport and tax returns. Then without asking for any further paperwork or evidence or asking her any questions, he issued a white slip and asked the Chinese fiancee to leave. My fiancee seems to think our chances at the GUZ interview are not very good because of my previous K1. Does anyone know of any such instances where the Chinese fiancee or wife is turned away with a white slip or even a blue slip because the American citizen had a previous K1 that ended in divorce? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

My fiancee and I began this journey back in August 2006 and recently we got our N0A2 approval from the California Service Center. We're now waiting for it to arrive at the NVC. My fiancee was talking to me today about something she was concerned about when she went to the interview in GUZ. She's concerned because I had a previous K1 approval from 6 years ago, a marriage that ended in divorce. Even though that K1 didn't involve anyone from China (it was Uzbekistan), my fiancee is worried that the previous K1 on my record will convince the VO at GUZ to give us a white slip. She had read on the Chinese forum where an American man had a previous K1 that ended in divorce (his previous K1 was from the Philippines) and the VO asked that Chinese fiancee for his passport and tax returns. Then without asking for any further paperwork or evidence or asking her any questions, he issued a white slip and asked the Chinese fiancee to leave. My fiancee seems to think our chances at the GUZ interview are not very good because of my previous K1. Does anyone know of any such instances where the Chinese fiancee or wife is turned away with a white slip or even a blue slip because the American citizen had a previous K1 that ended in divorce? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

When was the divorce finalized from that previous K1? And when did you file for this new K1? What is the NOA1 date for this new K1?

As a general rule, I don't believe it'll matter but if the divorce was very recent and very quickly thereafter you filed for another K-1, the VO may be suspicious.

Let's use an example of when I think there would be no problems.

15 years ago a USC filed for a K-1 for his then GF. It's approved and the GF comes over and they get married. An earnest attempt at the marriage was made and after 8 years, they divorced. 5 years after that, the USC meets another lady abroad. They keep in touch and build up a long distance relationship for a couple of years. Then he finally asks her to marry and he files another K-1--this petition being 15 years since his previous one. I think the VO would have absolutely no issues with this petitioner, at least with regards to his previous K1 petition. He may have other issues he would need to overcome but his previous K1 petition certainly would not be one of them.

Good luck.

When was the divorce finalized from that previous K1? And when did you file for this new K1? What is the NOA1 date for this new K1?

As a general rule, I don't believe it'll matter but if the divorce was very recent and very quickly thereafter you filed for another K-1, the VO may be suspicious.

Let's use an example of when I think there would be no problems.

15 years ago a USC filed for a K-1 for his then GF. It's approved and the GF comes over and they get married. An earnest attempt at the marriage was made and after 8 years, they divorced. 5 years after that, the USC meets another lady abroad. They keep in touch and build up a long distance relationship for a couple of years. Then he finally asks her to marry and he files another K-1--this petition being 15 years since his previous one. I think the VO would have absolutely no issues with this petitioner, at least with regards to his previous K1 petition. He may have other issues he would need to overcome but his previous K1 petition certainly would not be one of them.

Good luck.

My fiance just within the last week told the same story from a QQ group she belongs to. I think every case is different. Maybe IMBRA was the reason as for the amount of times you can file in that case.It is possible he still had a I - 864 he was dealing with from previous marriage and the two combined was enough to cause problems. Also maybe with that person questions were not answered in a manner the VO liked. You just do the best you can and go with the kitchen sink. For some reason this last month people have said many interviews were "easy". was that because a VO has lightened up the questioning or was it that we have done our homework here on candle and every line was crossed and I dotted.