about the evidence of relationship

hi:

I am waiting for the name check to be completed now and haven't had a interview yet. As for the evidence of relationship , my fiance has sent INS a photo of us and airline tickets etc. And I only have a receipt of ous wedding ring for the interview. What else can I use for the evidence ?

countless thanks!

We were interviewed in August. Li took along phone bills, phone cards, e-mails, letters, photos, greeting cards like Christmas cards and Valentines and everything besides the kitchen sink. They only asked to see photos. Yet I would encourage you to take as many items as possible due to the fact that one never knows what they will ask for. Better safe than sorry.

I agree with Mick. Take along everything, including the kitchen sink. It seems that the more evidence you have the less likely they are to ask to actually look at a lot of it. The interviewer my wife had chatted with her about her collection of photos that she took with her and briefly glanced at the stack of letters that she had. (Every letter that I had sent her) He was very nice and seemed to be impressed that she had brought so much with her.

The most convincing evidence, if plausible, is for your fiance to accompany you to the interview. Although he can't enter the interview room, he can be there in case anything happens.

I plan to accompany my fiancee to the interview, along with the bundles of evidence.

The most convincing evidence, if plausible, is for your fiance to accompany you to the interview. Although he can't enter the interview room, he can be there in case anything happens.

I plan to accompany my fiancee to the interview, along with the bundles of evidence.

Damn Yahoo. I was just finishing my post here and got an IM that blew it away.

Here's a little something that may come in handy. I read about this on 001 a while back - feel free to use it if the opportunity arises.

A gal was asked during the intervew for her passport. She dug in her purse and pulled out her GG's passport, said ooops, and then pulled out her's. The VO took a quick peek and pronounced her as approved.

The trick here is to give them a peek at the US passport. It says that the GG is standing outside and will be inside unless everything goes well. That carries more weight than a ton of emails and phone records.

Dissenting opinion here ;)

I think one has nothing to do with the other.. But what the heck,,,

Bring up Koffy Anan passport if you can... Impresssiiive ;)

Those guys might be utterly disorganized, but they apply the law...And they do this all day long..I'll give them that much credit

Spotting the fakes and the genuines ( applications ) . If it sounds fishy, then it probably is... whether you carry Michael Jackson's passport or not.

If you are genuine, then you have no problem..No need for extra ammo IMHO

Koffy is French. Of course it is pretty!

No. Koffy is Ghanean... Yes, Ghana is a former French colony, but not French. Ghanean, West Africa, right between Togo and Ivory Coast ;)

I want to be there as well to experience every moment of this process. This is a once in a lifetime experience and life is short. The interview is another small part of this memorable (and even unmemorable) journey that I want to experience with my fiancee.

It doesn't hurt to be there anyway. And with the SARs issue, I must go with my fiancee now.

I saw the post about the passport story; an ingenious proof of evidence. I also read about pictures with each other's future in-laws.

No need to accompany your fiancee to the interview. The interview is a piece of cake (translation - easy). Wait until she gets her visa, then accompany her to America which is more practical. Since people are getting visas the next day now, maybe you can do both. ;)

No. Koffy is Ghanean... Yes, a former French colony, but not French. Ghanean, West Africa, right between Togo and Ivory Coast :D

Never been to Africa, so I'll take your word on it.

I still think AT should pass that email along like you suggested.

I must say, Eric, I'm glad you're still around to help the newbies out. Anyone who looks at the overall top 10 posters will see you at the top of the list. I really hate to admit it, but you as much as anyone (except maybe PJ) has made candle the place that it is today. You survived the black hole, finally have Yuhui with you and you still hang here posting your AOS adventures.

I don't mean to hijack this thread and turn it into a 'praise Eric' thread, but you once again threw out a great idea that might help others. Thanks.

PS...watch out for that Mick fellow; I think he has a thing for you.

thanks ;)

No. Koffy is Ghanean... Yes, a former French colony, but not French. Ghanean, West Africa, right between Togo and Ivory Coast ;)

Never been to Africa, so I'll take your word on it.

I still think AT should pass that email along like you suggested.

I must say, Eric, I'm glad you're still around to help the newbies out. Anyone who looks at the overall top 10 posters will see you at the top of the list. I really hate to admit it, but you as much as anyone (except maybe PJ) has made candle the place that it is today. You survived the black hole, finally have Yuhui with you and you still hang here posting your AOS adventures.

I don't mean to hijack this thread and turn it into a 'praise Eric' thread, but you once again threw out a great idea that might help others. Thanks.

PS...watch out for that Mick fellow; I think he has a thing for you.

Huh????? :D ;) ;) ;)