Hello all!

I'm just going over the final steps in my I-864 paper work ( CR1 ) before i mail it out.

Sorry i keep asking questions on this subject.

Just one more question, Do they look at all three years of taxes?

Or just the most curent year?

The reason i ask is that i have 2003, 2004, 2005 tax transcrips.

For 2003 I'm well above the poverty level,. Now for 2004 I'm well below. ( Layed Off )

But for 2005 I'm well above, And even though we do not have 2006 taxes yet I'm well above

poverty level.

Does any know if my 2004 income will be a problem? ( Below poverty level )

Probably not, You may want to include letter from employer, and copies of past 6 months pay stubs that are indicated as optional, but can be included "if you think it will help your case" the employer letter will indicate that you have a steady job, and the pay stubs establish a pattern of steady income.

Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.

Most recent years taxes are required if looked at. If one feels that further documentation is needed to prove the case, three years will be accepted. Often recomended.

Are you self employed?

Will "04" be a problem?

I bet there is not enough information to say yes or no, on this question. Not for certain anyway.

What gets overlooked in one case becomes an issue in another.

Someone may be able to put more light on the subject, it is early.

I'll bump it. :blink:

Most recent years taxes are required if looked at. If one feels that further documentation is needed to prove the case, three years will be accepted. Often recomended.

Are you self employed?

Will "04" be a problem?

I bet there is not enough information to say yes or no, on this question. Not for certain anyway.

I'll bump it. :blink:

Yes, I do have a letter from my employer from where i work now!!

It states what dnoblett says

I'm not self employed.

Also by the time we do get our interview i will have already done my 2006 taxes and i will

have that during the interview.

As for six monthe of paystubs i will have to do some digging, I have them , But where in the mess of paper work, Well you know!!!

Are you self employed?

Will "04" be a problem?

I'll bump it. ;)

I'm not self employed.

Also by the time we do get our interview i will have already done my 2006 taxes and i will

As for six monthe of paystubs i will have to do some digging, I have them , But where in the mess of paper work, Well you know!!!

I wouldn't worry about more than one recent pay stub. Generally they show year to date earnings. I would, however send that pay stub just before the interview or take it with you to the interview, and get a more up to date Employer Letter to take to the interview as well.

It would be pretty strange to have a period of unemployment held against you, with two solid years of work more recent. Give them the tax returns and don't sweat 04. They're concerned about your current income and prospects for the future.

Are you self employed?

Will "04" be a problem?

I'll bump it. ;)

I'm not self employed.

I wouldn't worry about more than one recent pay stub. Generally they show year to date earnings. I would, however send that pay stub just before the interview or take it with you to the interview, and get a more up to date Employer Letter to take to the interview as well.

It would be pretty strange to have a period of unemployment held against you, with two solid years of work more recent. Give them the tax returns and don't sweat 04. They're concerned about your current income and prospects for the future.

I know that recently the rules have changed and that only one (most recent) year of tax return is required. Will that apply at the time of interview, even if a petition was filled before that rule went into effect? (Meaning: 3 years of tax returns were required for the I864, but now the new rule is in effect.)

I thought that the new I-864's only required the most recent tax year, not the last 3. When I filed my I-864 in July, I called NVC and was told that this was correct - only one year ( but I sent 3 years just to be safe). So maybe you could just send 2005 taxes and make sure your SO has 3 years taxes at interview just in case.

I thought that the new I-864's only required the most recent tax year, not the last 3. When I filed my I-864 in July, I called NVC and was told that this was correct - only one year ( but I sent 3 years just to be safe). So maybe you could just send 2005 taxes and make sure your SO has 3 years taxes at interview just in case.

Yes - the form, whether new or old, tells you what is required. Then VO may ask for more.

Yes - the form, whether new or old, tells you what is required. Then VO may ask for more.

THIS IS THE ISSUE... what's required to file a form and what's required by the VO in terms of their need to be fully satisfied [ie: public charge] to issue a visa, can and will differ.

Even if you file minimally per requirements (and NVC will accept that), you should bring the three years to the interview as a safety net.

Current sustainable, consistent income from a permanent, full time position is the primary issue looked at; From present to future is good ; from past to future is better.