Fast Tracking for Immigartion in Southern US

To all Forum Members,

I recently found this article from my hometown newspaper. I thought that perhaps, it might be of extreme interest of CFL members in the southern US. Many, may have missed it! This particular article affects all CFL members in the following areas:

1) NM

2) Eastern half of AZ

3) Southern KS,

4) Texas

5) Oklahoma

6) And I believe the west half of AR. (I may be wrong here)

I will caution all members; all the jpegs are copies of copywrited material and special permission was obtained and granted from the Webmaster (Donahso), prior to publication in this forum. As a side note, to members who are planning on my footsteps¡­DON¡¯T! Ask permission first! The Webmaster has to grant the publication of Copywrited material. It is his butt on the line!

(The article was drawn for the ¡°The Oklahoman,¡± printed on 30 November, 2006.¡±

I submit the following jpegs¡±

Item #1 (page 1)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/Typhon_album/OklahomanFinalImagePage1.jpg

Item #2, Page 2

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/Typhon_album/Oklahoman2FinalCopy.jpg

The only question that I saw immediately was the submission of the EAD at the same interview!

I apologize, to forum members. I am very busy, with a new position, wearing ¡°three hats,¡± handling NDT, composites and Quality Assurance and still spending time with Yin; I¡¯m to say the last a BIT overwhelmed. Perhaps, other members can check and overcome my shortcomings.

Hope that the information helps others. Thanks

Dave

I will caution all members; all the jpegs are copies of copywrited material and special permission was obtained and granted from the Webmaster (Donahso), prior to publication in this forum. As a side note, to members who are planning on my footsteps¡­DON¡¯T! Ask permission first! The Webmaster has to grant the publication of Copywrited material. It is his butt on the line!

(The article was drawn for the ¡°The Oklahoman,¡± printed on 30 November, 2006.¡±

Dave, it's not Donasho who can grant you permission to distribute that jpeg but the owner of the copyright--which is probably The Oklahoman.

At any rate, I went and found the actual online article.

http://www.newsok.com/article/keyword/2978976/

That's the link. So Donasho, if you want to edit out the jpg and use the URL link above instead, it'll probably be safer.

Cheers.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Good information. Thanks Dave. Looking at other immigration forums, it's clear that the green card process has been expedited across the board, with many receiving approvals much more quickly than before.

Regarding the rules of copyright, I can assure you that there is more misinformation out there than accurate. Because I work in the documentation field, we must always consider the rules of copyright, and / or plagiarism each and every day. What the rule of law dictates, is not what goes on in the real world, especially now that we live in an electronic age where information can be transmitted in an instant world-wide. The simply law reads that just about anything is copyrighted automatically when you put your name on it; that includes a simple note written on a napkin.

What goes on in the world of media is very loose however. Most writers respect other writers by giving credit to the source of information they copy and use, by naming the author, date, source, and place retrieved. Even this unwritten rule is loose.

Now, regarding news stories, whether on film, print, or both, the rules are VERY, VERY, loose. These stories are copied and linked thousands of times per day, and further, the public, and the authors both expect and appreciate that. "Fair Use" is okay.

There are hundreds if not thousands of immigration-related news articles out there that affect us all. I can assure you that copying and linking to these articles will not produce any ill-affects, especially if they one copying the article keeps the original message and header intact so as to display the author's name, article title, date, and where published. Because links are time dated, in that they are routinely removed by website and news publishers, a link to a story will be lost in weeks or months, rendering the thread one used to reference it hard to understand. I do hope that Don will consider relaxing his policy on posting what he calls copyrighted material on this site, as it will benefit us all, and will not subject anyone, either the members, or those that host this site to lawsuit. One can corroborate my statement by making a telephone call to any news agency or website that posts information in the news.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Dave, it's not Donasho who can grant you permission to distribute that jpeg but the owner of the copyright--which is probably The Oklahoman.

At any rate, I went and found the actual online article.

http://www.newsok.com/article/keyword/2978976/

That's the link. So Donasho, if you want to edit out the jpg and use the URL link above instead, it'll probably be safer.

Cheers.

SirLancelot,

Thanks for the hyperlink. I only did a short search and turned up nothing. The Oklahoman daily [sic] ain't the New York or LA Times! LOL!

See your PM box. BTW, before any rumor-mongerings begin; NO! It isn't a flame either. A personal thanks and several other questions related to the original post.

Dave