Does it really take this long or is there a problem

She was OKed at the AOS interview. He said, "I am taking your I-94."

It was nearly two years ago and still no GC.

We were married in Beijing 2003 and she came to the U.S. with a K-3 that has now expired.

What is going on? I mean I know it is an investigation but shissh.

Seriously, are we waiting and waiting when we should be doing something else?

The time it takes for FBI name check seems to be random, the painful thing is that the 3 year clock to naturalize won't begin until you get that green card.

Some times FBI gets hung up on something.

See: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/se...hecks_42506.pdf

If it has been two years since your AOS interview, I'd suggest making an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office to inquire on the status.

I agree with Don, because something may have come up during the process that could be easily fixable.

But, In my case, At our Infopass appt, All we got was the same old song and dance about being hung up at the FBI for the Namecheck. We have been in Namecheck since 10-2004.

Patrick

If it has been two years since your AOS interview, I'd suggest making an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office to inquire on the status.

We don't get any information either. We have been been in Namecheck since August 2004.

However there may be some hope. Case Status online since Friday now says:

Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Naturally I have never ever received an email when the status changes. I have no idea what he above means. However it is nice to see something change after 27 months . I hope it means that the GC is in processing and on its way. We will see.

Hang in there. I would do an InfoPass though, just to verify the reason for the delay.

:angry: Our AOS is also in the "Pending" status. :angry:

This after a successful interview in July of this year. For the life of me.....I do not understand why USCIS schedules the AOS interview for a case before all of the name check/background checks have been completed.

Lao Po and I had an InfoPass appointment last week and were informed that our case was pending and in a background check which was initiated last March (I assume when we submitted our AOS Package). We were politely told that approval could come any day, or any week, or any month, or a year or two......just be patient.

Meanwhile, we must apply for Advance Parole as Lao Po's visa will expire a day before Valentine's Day (Feb 13) and we plan on traveling to China in April of this year. We were also advised that AP for our case must be mailed to Chicago and processing for AP's out of Chigago are now taking 3-4 months. :(

I guess we'll just keep on grin'in! :rolleyes:

PapaBear B)

• 3 weeks later...

My wife, Yi, and her daughter passed her AOS interview on December 6, 2006. The security check has been pending since April 2006. Her daughter's security check was complete within 2 months of application (the Immigration Officer told us that at the interview). Now Yi has to wait for her name-check to clear before she can get her Permanent Resident Card. Our daughter already has received her PR card!!