Post IMBRA K-3 and CR-1 interview question, please help!!!

Hi, I just found out about the IMBRA law today. Well I am just curious if the VO at GUZ actually supply your SO the petitoner's background check info to your SO in Chinese at the interview in GUZ after March 6th 2006? If so, does this apply in K-1 and K-3 interview only or it also affects CR-1 interview?

you filed your petition prior to the IMBRA date.. you should be exempt.

Your CR1.. so exempt on that account anyway ! (i believe it only affected K1)

So you're saying that the VO will look at my K-3 filing date to determine apply IMBRA background check or not?

you filed your petition prior to the IMBRA date.. you should be exempt.

Your CR1.. so exempt on that account anyway ! (i believe it only affected K1)

So you're saying that the VO will look at my K-3 filing date to determine apply IMBRA background check or not?

Only those that filed PETITIONS after March 6 are affected by IMBRA...

Whether or not there is something 'extra' added to EVERYONE due to IMBRA, I'm not aware of anyone reporting at the consulate level.

There is something that affects all K# cases once they get to NVC.. some additional 'processing'... Not sure this is IMBRA specific but close in time to it.. but this is nothing to do with a VO (consulate issue).

Whether or not there is something 'extra' added to EVERYONE due to IMBRA, I'm not aware of anyone reporting at the consulate level.

There is something that affects all K# cases once they get to NVC.. some additional 'processing'... Not sure this is IMBRA specific but close in time to it.. but this is nothing to do with a VO (consulate issue).

Hi, my SO's K-3 is under administrative process for 7 months now. Does this mean IMBRA has something to do with it even though I filed her K-3 in Jan 2006 and K-3 approved in April06? But her CR-1 is also in NVC under administrative review for two months now.

Hi, my SO's K-3 is under administrative process for 7 months now. Does this mean IMBRA has something to do with it even though I filed her K-3 in Jan 2006 and K-3 approved in April06? But her CR-1 is also in NVC under administrative review for two months now.

It's hard to know if this is from the added 'processing' or not.. since NVC delays occurred prior anyway.

Usually this is a name check issue when the delay goes on for some time. I don't really suspect this is IMBRA.. but cannot categorically state as such.

In any case, all you can do is wait.. Sorry...