I-129F Question relating to:

I am in the process of completing my I-129F form and I am in need of some help answering some questions that I am unable to determine concerning Part C, #2, which I will be required to "check" due to the fact I fall into this shameful category from several indiscretions concerning controlled substance and/or alcohol in my past, some 20+ years ago.

My questions:

Am I correct that these certified copies of "Charge of Instrument" and "Disposition of Charges" will need to be attached to my original I-129F application?

If so, where in this I-129F application should they be inserted?

Finally, on the I-129F cover letter, how do I list these additions to my application amongst the others that are listed as "Contents"?

Also, if anyone other than myself has had to take these same steps, if you would like, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to learn of how this same situation has played out or is playing out in your visa process also.

Thanks so much in advance for any help in these matters.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

I am in the process of completing my I-129F form and I am in need of some help answering some questions that I am unable to determine concerning Part C, #2, which I will be required to "check" due to the fact I fall into this shameful category from several indiscretions concerning controlled substance and/or alcohol in my past, some 20+ years ago.

My questions:

Am I correct that these certified copies of "Charge of Instrument" and "Disposition of Charges" will need to be attached to my original I-129F application?

If so, where in this I-129F application should they be inserted?

Finally, on the I-129F cover letter, how do I list these additions to my application amongst the others that are listed as "Contents"?

Also, if anyone other than myself has had to take these same steps, if you would like, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to learn of how this same situation has played out or is playing out in your visa process also.

Thanks so much in advance for any help in these matters.

Clayton

From what I can tell in the I-129K instructions, you do need to attach the certified copies of all the applicable court papers and records that are involved with your multiple misfortunes. If the petition is approved with the USCIS then these copies will be forward to your SO. As far how to list them on the cover letter, I believe that all you need to do is label it as a continuation sheet according to the proper section of the petition (partC #2) and sign it. all continuation sheets should be on your letterhead.

I have not been in your shoes before on this. I am only interpreting what the instructions say. Good luck to you.

Thanks chilton for your response.

I also have read the instructions (sadly) and I am now awaiting my certified copies from the authorities. I do not worry of USCIS not approving my petition and my SO is fully aware of my past indiscrections. I do though worry of a delay due to the additional paperwork that will be involved.

I will include notation on the cover page of the I-129F at the end of the "list of contents" the additional documents and include the certified copies as the last documents attached in the petition. I hope this will be correct since it does not state in the instructions where to include and attach these documents.

I still hope to read from others who have had to take this same path. I would like to learn how USCIS has handled such cases and how the process may have been effected due to the additional required documents.

Thanks again.

Clayton

it's unclear if they verify the paperwork or just see that you provided what is required or not to sign it off... It would be nice if you can keep us updated on your progress.. we'll probably learn more from your experience.

I would recommend that you visit Visa Journey, where there is a IMBRA forum and some have shared experiences on this.

VJ IMBRA

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Thanks for the link David.

In route to VJ now. Hope I find the answers I seek there.

Although it is bad enough to air a bit of my dirty laundry on the Candle, I will certainly update all here as I learn of possible difficulties or success's with the additional required documents. I must assume that I cannot be the only one that has a bit of a blemished past from many years ago and will learn some from the steps I will now have to take.

Clayton