Dying Mother would like to invite her sister to visit

Hey Guys,

As some of you have read in a previous post. My mother is dying of brian cancer. She has less than two years to live and although she knows she has cancer she doesn't know its terminal. I would like to invite her sister and best friend to visit from Iran but was wondering if the forms to fill out will be the same as China. Is it the forms DS-156 and DS-157? Anyone have a link for this in reference to inviting someone from Iran. Thanks for everyone's constant support and advice!

Well, why don't you dump the lawyer, if you haven't already, and then retain one who can answer your questions before you hand over the retainer.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Note the introductory verbage on the I-134 page. "Affidavit of Support Purpose of Form : To file a promise with USCIS to support an alien entering the United States and that the alien will not become a public charge. A separate affidavit must be filed by the sponsor for each person." Then read sections 2,3, & 4 on the actual application. therefore, my opinion is yes, you need it.

Very strong ties back home will have to be shown, it is not unusual to get denied a visa, unfortunately the US and Iran do not have good relations, this causes a lot of intense scrutiny of any and all visa applications from that region.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)