Current Individual Annual Income

oops sorry one more question before I forget, David, if I do use my mother as backup, does she just fill out I-864A since we live in the same household? So that means for Part 1 of the I-864, I'm just checking the box by " I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative" ?

All the other boxes (d and e) are for joint sponsors, which I am not right? (ok so 3 questions)

oops sorry one more question before I forget, David, if I do use my mother as backup, does she just fill out I-864A since we live in the same household? So that means for Part 1 of the I-864, I'm just checking the box by " I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative" ?

All the other boxes (d and e) are for joint sponsors, which I am not right? (ok so 3 questions)

If you are using a household member as a joint-sponsor (J-S), then you would be putting their income in your I-864 at 24.b , then also signing their form, a I-864a... So again, complexity arises since if you file without a J-S, it's one form (without their info), but filing with a J-S includes their income...

One advantage of filing with a household member is that your incomes can "pool" together.. which is not the case if you do separate I-864 forms.

So on your form I-864 Part I, 1.A.... you select you are the [primary] Petitioner.

On the household member's I-864a, part 2, you sign there...