AOS Moving

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Just received two of these from California. They are keeping in close touch with hard copy mailings, email, an online reporting. With luck, maybe, just maybe the green cards will be coming soon...

Receipt Number: MSCxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 7, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Guest ShaQuaNew

A florida filing getting a california notice.. let's keep fingers crossed...

Don't you know it. A good many stories are circulating in Central Florida, some perhaps folklore, and the others impossible to corroborate. Some of these stories talk of two year waiting periods, though I've yet to find anyone that has filed within the required 90-days for K1, completed paperwork properly, that has waited longer than anyone, anywhere.

Lan and Sarah did their biometrics Friday, 11/3; and the case was simultaneously transferred to California as soon as they pushed the Enter key. Yesterday, the case was physically received in CA, as denoted by my previous quote.

Now, just venturing a thought here that given the vast number of complaints about the lengthy and complicated path US immigration has made doing things the legal way, it seems possible that many AOS applications will be pushed rather than stone-walled. Given the fact that the Dems just won the house, and likely the Senate, one of the first orders of business will be to grant legal status to all illegals, of that you can be sure.

If you take a look over at VJ, there are countless folk that have been transferred to California, that have received their green cards in less than a month, many in less than ten days. Exceptions? Sure, a couple, but the trend is evident.

We've been dealing with major screw-ups by either the USCIS or USPS. For the 3rd time, I've changed or corrected our address. After that fiasco in Dallas last August, we are reserved just to wait and see what happens. I am just responding when we get anything. Don't be surprised, Jesse, if this is a mistake and I hope it's not. The elusive green card may finally be in our sight. Wouldn't that be nice if we could just all bypass the interview to change status?

Good virtue becomes good fortune...

By the way... all my responses have been coming from Washington D.C. (Mailings)

And... why is it the AR-11 is sent to ... of all places... KENTUCKY? :blink:

Biometric was done like 2 weeks after we applied in orlando...

then a month or so went by and we recieved NOAs ( 2 of them actually)

from California....

both NOA's said the same thing.

i guess it was registered sometime in the begining of september or something like that

Edited by izus (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

I've noticed that several members are filing for EAD (I-764) at the same time as filing for AOS (I-485). I wonder if filing for EAD when filing for AOS is delaying some applications? With the rapid rate that many green cards are being received these days, there is likely no need to file for EAD at all. A green card provides authorization to work in the US, along with a SSN of course, so filing for EAD may be a moot point.

It might be a good idea for those of you that are about to file for AOS, to file only the I-485, and wait a little why to see how processing goes. If things appear slow, like taking more than two months, you can file for EAD online with your receipt number. Why spend the money unless you have to?

I've noticed that several members are filing for EAD (I-764) at the same time as filing for AOS (I-485). I wonder if filing for EAD when filing for AOS is delaying some applications? With the rapid rate that many green cards are being received these days, there is likely no need to file for EAD at all. A green card provides authorization to work in the US, along with a SSN of course, so filing for EAD may be a moot point.

It might be a good idea for those of you that are about to file for AOS, to file only the I-485, and wait a little why to see how processing goes. If things appear slow, like taking more than two months, you can file for EAD online with your receipt number. Why spend the money unless you have to?

The flip side argument is that some are getting GC interview approvals but name check delays keep them from getting the GC.. too many are being affected by this.

If working is a priority, then I'd suggesting filing the EAD. If you wonder if it slows down the AOS, you can e-file EAD (once you get AOS receipt notice, which is usually very quick).

Guest ShaQuaNew

I doubt that namecheck delays occur arbitrarily. While some delays do occur for no apparant reason, the vast majority occur because something is out of place; misspelled name, missing document; cross-references disagree, etc. Looking at VJ, and other websites, there is what appears to be a new trend in rapid green card approvals, that is, green card received withing three months or less of filing.

With that being the case, it might be that those processing these applications are confused on what to do with an EAD application that accompanies an I-485; as the green card trumps the EAD.

Using a term like "Too Many," is best accompanied by quantifiable data. You know that Mr. David; you are the data man...

:-)

The flip side argument is that some are getting GC interview approvals but name check delays keep them from getting the GC.. too many are being affected by this.

If working is a priority, then I'd suggesting filing the EAD. If you wonder if it slows down the AOS, you can e-file EAD (once you get AOS receipt notice, which is usually very quick).

I doubt that namecheck delays occur arbitrarily. While some delays do occur for no apparant reason, the vast majority occur because something is out of place; misspelled name, missing document; cross-references disagree, etc. Looking at VJ, and other websites, there is what appears to be a new trend in rapid green card approvals, that is, green card received withing three months or less of filing.

With that being the case, it might be that those processing these applications are confused on what to do with an EAD application that accompanies an I-485; as the green card trumps the EAD.

Using a term like "Too Many," is best accompanied by quantifiable data.

Normally I am a minimalist.. but balanced by being a realist and pragmatist :rolleyes:

The only way GCs are getting issued so quickly is either the local district office is fast or they are getting transferred to CA without need of an interview; I suspect it is more the latter.

The backlog of adjudicating Adjustment cases has been growing (also a growing concern), as the Ombudsman is wont to show any and every shortcoming... one particular concern is the massive distribution of work permits (EAD) and the findings that many that are issued were Adjustments that were ultimately not approved (ergo, illegals getting work permits).

So, one has to realize that our SO probably get lumped into the greater pool of adjustment applications, till they get sorted at some level (family based adjustments).

I'm not sure I've seen, heard or read that more scrutiny is occurring. They have been receiving these dual applications and issuing for a long time.. So I cannot see how they would be confused.. but it would not surprise me if there is more scrutiny on dual filing of AOS/EAD because of the aforementioned issue..

The namechecks I am referring to are not just documentation issues.. since they are going on for 6 months or more. This is also recognized as a growing problem; although the GC may get adjudicated quickly (in order to prevent wrongly issued EADs), the name check problem creates the issue all over again (although adjudicated, the name check result can change things.. thus making the EAD still suspect on a certain level).

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)