I'm thinking I might try DCF....

Hi!

I've been nosing around the site for the past few days, and it seems the most convenient route for me and the SO is to get married in China and try the DCF route. After reading about the AOS and whatnot, I realize that I am quite poor! I'll outline the situation

-I came to China about 7 months ago using the last of my money for a plane ticket and travel expenses

-Been teaching English for 6 months with a salary that is less than adequate for US standards

-I have no credit whatsoever in the US or China

-I have no bank account in the US anymore

From my understanding, most of the people on this board are already established financially, so AOS may not be a huge problem. However, I just turned 25 two months ago and have yet to finish my university degree, soooo.....

I read that I might have go get a family member as a co-sponsor for the AOS situation. What kind of situation am I looking at when I decide to pursue the visa for my SO?

Any input will be much appreciated. Thx.

Troy

First thing to remember, is that you are required to continue filing returns with the IRS even if you are not in the US. http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq13.html This will come up when you file an I-864 Affidavit of support for your wife.

Also maintain resident address, at a parent's home, you need to show domicile in the USA.

You will need to rely on a co-sponsor, again a parent makes a good co-sponsor.

OK that is my 2 cents worth.

Good luck to you!