I-134 - Are three years of tax returns needed?

I have read somewhere on here that three years of income tax return copies are needed for the interview. Will I be okay if I just have 2005 tax return copies? I also have found my 2004 w-2s that I can submit. I will also have 12 months of bank statements, letter from bank, retirement savings summary and employment letter. Will this suffice to meet burden of sponsorship? Should I include copy of mortgage/deed information on our house?

Thanks!

No one individual item is required.. any one item that satisifies the VO in terms of the public charge burden is usually sufficient (ie: will not be a burden).

That being said, the three most important pieces (in no order, since VOs appear to ask for any one of them) are:

- most currently filed tax year

- Employment letter

- I-134

Usually they do not ask for two of these, only one. And I've seen where they asked for one and the beneficiary only had another one.. it was accepted.

The kitchen sink approach would recommend having 3 years of taxes on hand, and additional payroll or bank proof. Not necessarily for the interview but for overcome... so you don't have to try and send it to china under duress.

The mortgage and deed is over doing it IMO...

This is usually a point of concern for the USC.. and rightly so.. but it is more easily covered than not. You should like your in very good shape.

With one of the new requirements they first ask for a title or mortgage to prove residence.

What are you looking at there, Lee?

I was wondering the same thing, that one is new on me, I don't own a home, or rent an apartment. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

With one of the new requirements they first ask for a title or mortgage to prove residence.

This came out a while back and the same basic requirements get sent to K-1/K-3/CR-1 beneficiaries, just a bit different formating. New interview instructions for K-1/K-2

Take a look at the Submit these items during your interview section, there are 2 new items that haven't gotten much coverage for preparation for the interview.

Proof of Petitioner's residency in the
US

If you were married previously

Renting is no problem, a copy of a lease does the trick. The items in the list I would avoid are the deed and mortgage, but utility bills also work.

Says "Proof of petitioner's residency in the United States. Proof can include leese/deed/mortgage statements, bank statements, utility bills, and copies of ID cards."

I would think copy of Driver's license would do for ID card, along with copy of my Passport, a bank statement, and phone bill would do in my case since I don't have leese/deed/or mortgage. You scared me a bit there.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Says "Proof of petitioner's residency in the United States. Proof can include leese/deed/mortgage statements, bank statements, utility bills, and copies of ID cards."

I would think copy of Driver's license would do for ID card, along with copy of my Passport, a bank statement, and phone bill would do in my case since I don't have leese/deed/or mortgage. You scared me a bit there.

I sent my voter registration card that I recieved in the mail telling me where to vote. and phone bills of course . Name address and telephone numbers.

This came out a while back and the same basic requirements get sent to K-1/K-3/CR-1 beneficiaries, just a bit different formating. New interview instructions for K-1/K-2

Take a look at the Submit these items during your interview section, there are 2 new items that haven't gotten much coverage for preparation for the interview.

Proof of Petitioner's residency in the
US

If you were married previously

Renting is no problem, a copy of a lease does the trick. The items in the list I would avoid are the deed and mortgage, but utility bills also work.

I uploaded this file to the Forms area, under P4.. thanks lee for passing this along...

GO to links / Resources; Pinned topic as FAQ, Timeline, Forms; Forms...

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Forms/P4index.htm