New Members to CFL

By the way, lostinblue, I am renting an apartment, arranged by Aiwen, for my visit. Do I need to go to the local police station there to register? I've registered my itinerary with the Consulate already....

Steve

Steve, someone needs to do that very thing. I don't have personal experience with it as I've stayed in hotels. During the one exception my wife's brother-in-law did (he's a cop). I don't know the details but chalk it up as an adventure when you go do it and tell us about it.

Will do...expect a complete report when I return, I'll try to post some while I'm in China, taking the laptop along.

Steve

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Steve and Aiwen. Yan is from Nanning as well. You will surely enjoy China, Nanning and its people.

The only advice I can give you is DO NOT LISTEN TO TRIGG!!!!!

Sorry if I get a little off topic....Ugly as hell Trigg, his beautiful and charming wife and equally beautiful and charming daughters came to visit Yan and I. Shortly after he left, my computer was destroyed by some unknown viruses, my mini-van blew its radiator, dishwasher got fried and Minnie Mouse keeps calling me wanting his phone number. :o :roller:

Michael,

I guess I am in for trouble also, as Trigg and his lovely wife are(so far) the closest couple I have found to me. They live about 2 hours drive away, I would guess. I'm about an hour and a half from Nashville. Do you reccomend a pre-exorcism as a precaution? (Laughing)

Steve

Hmmmmmmmmm, just two hours away! Me thinks me sees a free meal in my future!!--Medium rare please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you ought to offer up some of those choice steaks for the occasion. That is, unless ML has already chopped them up. :roller:

I've got a 1,300 pound steer that is gonna meet his maker next month--Even she can't chop that much meat up for the wok!!

Steve, medium rare please!!! What time should we come??? Gotta be soon so I can hand deliver a fresh copy of the Triggtioanary (price to be discussed later)

I got the grill if you got the meat.....I live across the street from the hang gliding park just outside Chattanooga....great place to come hide out for the weekend...cabins and rv park onsite....

Steve

Do I have to bring my own hang glider too??

Welcome to CFL, and good luck! I am newly returned to the flock as well, and hope you will be an active member.

What part of China will you visit? I will be in Beijing and maybe Shanghai between the 4th and 14th. Perhaps we can hook up for a dinner sometime.

David

David,

Going to Nanning via Shanghai via Chicago from Nashville, depart Nashville Nov 30, arrive Nanning Dec 1 at 9 pm local time.....long ride...huh...returning to the US Dec 18.

Anyone have any experience transfering from Pudong airport in Shanghai to Hongquio airport, where my China Eastern flight connects to Nanning? I have about 3 hours layover in Shanghai between arriving there from the US until my flight to Nanning leaves from the other airport. Is there a shuttle bus or is a taxi the better option?

Steve

Welcome Steve and Aiwen. Yan is from Nanning as well. You will surely enjoy China, Nanning and its people.

Sorry if I get a little off topic....Ugly as hell Trigg, his beautiful and charming wife and equally beautiful and charming daughters came to visit Yan and I. Shortly after he left, my computer was destroyed by some unknown viruses, my mini-van blew its radiator, dishwasher got fried and Minnie Mouse keeps calling me wanting his phone number. :o :roller:

Michael,

I guess I am in for trouble also, as Trigg and his lovely wife are(so far) the closest couple I have found to me. They live about 2 hours drive away, I would guess. I'm about an hour and a half from Nashville. Do you reccomend a pre-exorcism as a precaution? (Laughing)

Steve

Hmmmmmmmmm, just two hours away! Me thinks me sees a free meal in my future!!--Medium rare please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you ought to offer up some of those choice steaks for the occasion. That is, unless ML has already chopped them up. :roller:

I've got a 1,300 pound steer that is gonna meet his maker next month--Even she can't chop that much meat up for the wok!!

Steve, medium rare please!!! What time should we come??? Gotta be soon so I can hand deliver a fresh copy of the Triggtioanary (price to be discussed later)

I got the grill if you got the meat.....I live across the street from the hang gliding park just outside Chattanooga....great place to come hide out for the weekend...cabins and rv park onsite....

Steve

Bring it if ya got it....maybe you'd like to try a tandem with an instructor? I don't know the prices, but you can check out hangglide.com for lots of info and pics...be careful, this sport can be addictive and ya might get sucked into the vortex and wind up a sky hippy like me..lol....really, this is a great place. The busy season is from April to October, with cookouts and parties at the clubhouse every Sat. nite....we had over 300 at the Halloween party last weekend...live band, kegs and kegs.....catered food...all for only $10 bucks..,,,,normal cookouts are $5 during the season, often with a keg or two in attendance....

Steve

Michael,

Steve

Steve

Bring it if ya got it....maybe you'd like to try a tandem with an instructor? I don't know the prices, but you can check out hangglide.com for lots of info and pics...be careful, this sport can be addictive and ya might get sucked into the vortex and wind up a sky hippy like me..lol....really, this is a great place. The busy season is from April to October, with cookouts and parties at the clubhouse every Sat. nite....we had over 300 at the Halloween party last weekend...live band, kegs and kegs.....catered food...all for only $10 bucks..,,,,normal cookouts are $5 during the season, often with a keg or two in attendance....

Steve

A keg of beer and a hang glider!?!? I LIKE IT!!!

Well, good luck and welcome to CFL!

Personally, I think you will like the place - especially if the visa process goes smoothly for you guys, but I must warn you about this one guy. His name is Trigg ... be sure you stay away from him, he's trouble. hehehehe, just kidding.

One other thing, I learned in the military never to let anyone know or belive you know anything - because - if they ever find out you know something you are in big trouble. I guess what I'm saying is - I don't know anything about this visa process, smile, and we got through it fairly quickly and without a glitch. Proof, I must add there is always hope, even for dummies like me. So, always keep the faith, man!

Anyway, welcome and best wishes always,

Wheel Man

Hello All,

MY SO and I, Aiwen from Nanning, are just entering the visa process, and I would like to thank everyone for such a good, informative, and supportive forum. I am sure we will need your support as we endure this overly-difficult and often aggravating process. I'm going to China for a visit Dec 1 for about 18 days, and I'll post my experiences here. Aiwen will be logging in as well, I am sure we will make many new friends here who are enduring the separation and anxiety of this visa ordeal. We are seeking the K1 visa because it seems faster to obtain. Wish us luck!

Steve

Wildwood, GA

Anyone have any experience transfering from Pudong airport in Shanghai to Hongquio airport, where my China Eastern flight connects to Nanning? I have about 3 hours layover in Shanghai between arriving there from the US until my flight to Nanning leaves from the other airport. Is there a shuttle bus or is a taxi the better option?

Steve

That is cutting it quite close. It'll take some time to come through immigrations and baggage claim at PVG. It'll take at least an hour to get to hongqui from PVG without traffic, and with traffic, it could take a lot more.

There is a shuttle bus from PVG to HongQuio. It's about 20rmb. They go on a set schedule, perhaps once every hour. Your layover is so short that I think a taxi is a must. Taxi fare will probably be 160-200rmb.

You have NO time to waste. Rush! Push! Get to HQ airport as quickly as possible!

Steve

That is cutting it quite close. It'll take some time to come through immigrations and baggage claim at PVG. It'll take at least an hour to get to hongqui from PVG without traffic, and with traffic, it could take a lot more.

There is a shuttle bus from PVG to HongQuio. It's about 20rmb. They go on a set schedule, perhaps once every hour. Your layover is so short that I think a taxi is a must. Taxi fare will probably be 160-200rmb.

You have NO time to waste. Rush! Push! Get to HQ airport as quickly as possible!

Thanks....I'll make plans accordingly...

Steve

Steve

Why go through Shanghai? Check the flights from Beijing to Nanning.

WOW, great, wonderful news Michael. So happy for you - the sincere words to wrap around my thoughts for you - I don't know yet. But,

BEST WISHES ALWAYS !!

Wheel Man

Welcome to both Steve and Aiwen

My fiance , although not originally from Nanning, lived there for many years. It's where I traveled to 3 times to see her during this god-forsaken journey.

I am counting the hours. She and her daughter Lingyi are in the air now between Guangzhou and Tokyo. After a brief layover, it's a straight shot to Detroit. They arrive about 1:30 Friday afternoon.

You will get bumped and bruised, feel elated and depressed, want to laugh, want to cry, curse USCIS, DOS, GUZ, wonder aloud why in HELL you ever wanted to fly to China, but in the end.....

In the end, when all is said and done, when your Aiwen is at your side, to be with you for the rest of your life...well, then you have even more hoops to jump through. EAD, Green Card, SSA...sorry, I digress.

Welcome to Trigg's nightmare. He thinks you're going to like it. (Ok, so he plagerized Alice Cooper, a Detroit native).

It ain't easy, but it is surely worth it. Oh yeah, if you ever need to vent, you go right ahead. We are here to listen. Just don't flame RLS (Ron). He's a little touchy about that.

Right, ole Buddy???

Mike

Thanks, MIke,

Sounds like, from your timeline, ya got caught in the IMBRA logjam. It's been pretty much cleared up, at least for the most part. I think we are looking at 6-10 months for our processing, unless something happens. I will just have to be patient and stay up on the changes. I already got the Cheetos stocked up...lol.....

I know you are on top of the world right now, since your love is now in the US. I am most certainly looking forward to that day myself! I see from your timeline it took 11 months for you guys.

Let us know, when you come up for air(grin) how things are going.

Steve

Actually, we started pre-IMBRA. We fell into a Black Hole in January, and didn't resurface for a while. Then there was an extra name check, and finally a Blue Slip. But that's all behind us now. They arrive at DTW (Detroit) in 2 hours. I can tell that I am getting REALLY nervous, as I am eating everything I can get my hands on..... :lol:

Edited by Paul (see edit history)