Hi everyone,

Got a question concerning employment history on the G-325A. My SO only listed one employer she was with for an extended period of time. She had a couple temporary jobs and did not list them. The real big concern is that she acquired two work visas(6 months each) and was employed in Japan through an agency in China as a cosmetologist. She came back early on the second visa because her mother was sick. Anyway, would this provide justification for a blue slip? They will obviously see the visa stamps on her passport during the interview. Should she fill this information in on the DS-230 under employment history? She does not think so because it wasn't filled on the G-325A. Any thougths?

What really counts is just be honest. It is of course your decision but I wouldn't worry alot about it. I don't think the IV unit would be so stringent as to hand out a blue slip because of an honest and simple oversight as what you mention.

Again, it's your decision but if it was mine, I would list it on the DS-230.

People make honest mistakes.

Thanks. I hired an immigration attorney who filed the forms for me. He sent my SO a questiionnaire and used the info she supplied to fill in the forms. Appartently, the person who helped with translating the info in English told her it wasn't necessary to supply all employment history, even if it was temp work in Japan. It's obvious she has work visas stamped on her passport. I just don't want a conflict involving information that wasn't listed on the G-325A. My SO said she would explain if asked.

I don't want to make too much of the situation.. at the same time, I don't want to make too light of it either.

The G-325 was filed with USCIS as a petition.. they approved it based upon the info provided.

Later GUZ will provide a Visa application (DS-230) which asks for employment history... as you note.

If the consulate feels there is "misrepresentation" on the original petition (basically false or concealing info), they can deny based on this. This is a serious charge if they use it.

Before I would personally suggest if this is an issue or not, I'd want to hear how she would explain a stamp in her passport for japan. what would she say she did there? (this is speaking out loud, I don't expect her to explain to CFL what she did... I respect her privacy and want to handle this at the interview).

The visa stamp indicates that it is a work visa on her passport. She said she would tell them it was short term emploment with two different companies and that she did not know the company addresses. If she filled in this info. on the DS-230, would it be considered misrepresentation since it was omitted on the G-325A?

Along with the DS-230, you might include a new GS-325, with a cover sheet explaining that you wish to correct an oversight.

Does concensus agree? I would appreciate any advice or recommendations.