Confused again. . .

Greetings All,

It seems that every time that I think I understand the process, something else pops up to confuse me again. I received the following letter in the mail today from the NVC

http://www.coloradopeaks.net/temp/4901B1.jpg

What the heck does it mean?

I had already rec'd a letter back in September from the NVC stating that my I-129F was approved and would "within a week" be "forwarded to the visa-issuing post. . ."

This appears to be a follow-up to let me know that it has already been forwarded, but the information it gives confuses me. Just what does that "Priority Date" mean? Does it mean that my wife's case won't even be looked at till then?

I followed the URL link in the letter and it leads me to a web document that only a lawyer could decipher. I called the phone number also cited in the letter and the recording might as well be in Greek for all I understand.

Can someone clue me in? I feel like I should be doing something to make sure my wife's paperwork is moving along properly,but I'm at a loss.

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, CO

Greetings All,

It seems that every time that I think I understand the process, something else pops up to confuse me again. I received the following letter in the mail today from the NVC

I had already rec'd a letter back in September from the NVC stating that my I-129F was approved and would "within a week" be "forwarded to the visa-issuing post. . ."

This appears to be a follow-up to let me know that it has already been forwarded, but the information it gives confuses me. Just what does that "Priority Date" mean? Does it mean that my wife's case won't even be looked at till then?

I followed the URL link in the letter and it leads me to a web document that only a lawyer could decipher. I called the phone number also cited in the letter and the recording might as well be in Greek for all I understand.

Can someone clue me in? I feel like I should be doing something to make sure my wife's paperwork is moving along properly,but I'm at a loss.

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, CO

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you are filing a k3 visa. if this is the case then you woud ave filed the 129f and the I-130-right?? My understanding is that it is always a race between the two of them--maybe this past notice is for the I-130. just gussin' and I'm sure several who know will jump in soon

Greetings All,

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, CO

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you are filing a k3 visa. if this is the case then you woud ave filed the 129f and the I-130-right?? My understanding is that it is always a race between the two of them--maybe this past notice is for the I-130. just gussin' and I'm sure several who know will jump in soon

Yuppers, just looked at the bttom of your letter--says CR1--thats the I-130 one!!

Greetings All,

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, CO

Yuppers, just looked at the bttom of your letter--says CR1--thats the I-130 one!!

Oh, priority date doesn't ean squat--it's for others

Dan.

Trigg nailed it with this being the CR1 notice (NVC sending to GUZ)...

Since your K3 was sent in early Sept, you stand a very good chance of a CR1 interview..with help from the K3 getting there earlier...

Next you might see the K3 get a P3... Keep the K3 moving forward and once the CR1 is entered in the GUZ computer, it will replace the K3 for interview...

Oh, priority date doesn't ean squat--it's for others

Correct, Priority date is for other types of visa applications as if in the case a US citizen were to petition to get a visa for example a Sister, or Brother, there are numericale limitations on how visas are issued.
Numerical Limitations

Whenever there are more qualified applicants for a category than there are available numbers, the category will be considered oversubscribed, and immigrant visas will be issued in the chronological order in which the petitions were filed until the numerical limit for the category is reached. The filing date of a petition becomes the applicant's priority date. Immigrant visas cannot be issued until an applicant's priority date is reached. In certain heavily oversubscribed categories, there may be a waiting period of several years before a priority date is reached. Check the Visa Bulletin for the latest priority dates.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1306.html

Your letter was a form letter with all the standard wording. Spouse and finance visas are exempt from priority dates.