Lost Chinese passport

I'm getting confusder and confusder. I found the -re-application forms for a chinese passport but part of it asks for her passport number, the one that is on the passport--the one she no longer has. Then it says if you never had a passport and are applying for a new passport use your phone number. So if i've got it right, you have to have acces to your lost/stolen passport to get dates and numbers off of it in order to apply for a repacement for it?????

From this ordeal, I think it would be wise for you to immediately make a photo copy of your wife's passport so that in the event she loses hers, then you'll have a copy and will know her passport number. It isn't strange at all. The US Consulate will also ask you for that if your passport is lost or stolen. If you don't have it, then they'll still work with you, but it's just easier if you have your passport number.

No one has won the big prize--all of the links posted said "I dunno how".

Sooo, does anyone know how to replace a lost Chinese passport WITHOUT needing to go to the Chinese embassy/consulate in person??

Be the first one on your block to answer this question and the grand prize and my thanks will be yours.

Trigg

No one has won the big prize--all of the links posted said "I dunno how".

Sooo, does anyone know how to replace a lost Chinese passport WITHOUT needing to go to the Chinese embassy/consulate in person??

Be the first one on your block to answer this question and the grand prize and my thanks will be yours.

Trigg

I read the China Houston and New York consulate websites. BOTH chinese consulates REQUIRE to appear in person to apply for a replacement passport. The only way that you may avoid appearing in person is to ask for an amendment of relevant Chinese law/regulations. Trigg may be able to do that.

In person. Bottom line.

Same answer for the question Don asked about renewal of a passport.

In person.

How can someone go to China to get another passport if they don't have

the proper documentation to leave the country? Uhhh. "Passport" , ID ain't gonna cut it.

Only at the consulate near you. :)

Or. Edit...

Call di di, tell him that you will bring him some shoes next time you visit for doing all the leg work, plus a carton of smokes that he had to give to the clerk at the local "hukou" to issue the dern thing. Ohh, and take him out to eat to cover the cost of mailing it to the US.

DHL from China, here in a few days.

For real, in person.

Edited by yuan fen (see edit history)