Greetings All,

My wife's interview should be coming up in GZ in the next few months. She needs to get the police background check done. How many years back does the report need to cover?

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, CO

Don't worry about it, it is all in the hands of the folks generating the report - hopefully it will say no record.

PS - It is sort pointless to apply our concepts of records / process to the China system. Go with the flow and just get the required documents. This is run of the mill stuff for the notarial offices

POLICE RECORD

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...der/C/China.htm

I suspect the record goes back to age 16.

She live in any place outside of China for more than 1 year? If so a police certificate is needed from that country.

One other thing she may want to get at the Notary office is her NOTARIAL WORK EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE, and of course the Notarial unmarried Certificate, and if haven't got it yet also the Birth Certificate.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Greetings All,

My wife's interview should be coming up in GZ in the next few months. She needs to get the police background check done. How many years back does the report need to cover?

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, CO

Usually I suggest an applicant apply for No Criminal Record certificate(wu fan zui gong zheng) when she receives Packet 4 cuz it will expire in 6 months.

Go to the notary public (gong zheng chu) in the city or county where her household registeration(hu kou) is for the certificate. I think the notary public needs her ID, household registeration book (hu kou ben) and a letter(zheng ming) from the police office stating she has no criminal record.

I suspect the record goes back to age 16.

One other thing she may want to get at the Notary office is her NOTARIAL WORK EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE, and of course the Notarial unmarried Certificate, and if haven't got it yet also the Birth Certificate.

Kids under 16 years old don't need background check or police certificate.

An average applicant doesn't need Notarial Work Experience Certificate. I believe this is a special requirment for an applicant involved with chemical, biologic, nuclear - those sensitive stuff related with terrorism.

Greetings All,

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, CO

Usually I suggest an applicant apply for No Criminal Record certificate(wu fan zui gong zheng) when she receives Packet 4 cuz it will expire in 6 months.

Go to the notary public (gong zheng chu) in the city or county where her household registeration(hu kou) is for the certificate. I think the notary public needs her ID, household registeration book (hu kou ben) and a letter(zheng ming) from the police office stating she has no criminal record.

The notarial police certificate is good for one year.