Old wifes tales

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife tells me that washing my feet with hot water will clear my congested nose. :)

Feet is the far-est place from your heart. Washing your feet with hot water will increase the circulation of blood in your body. When you have foot massage, they also use hot water. Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)

Definitely do not stand your chop sticks up in the rice... :)

when someone dies and the body is still in the house, we put cooked rice in a bowl, put a boiled egg on the rice, stand two chopsticks there for the dead. Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)

We have tile floor in different parts of the house and my wife insists that we wear sandals while in these areas. When I questioned her about this she would say that if you don¡¯t your heart will be cold.

Andrew, does your wife still wear sandals on the tile floor in your house?

• 5 years later...

I had to look back at these and laugh...because we still practice a lot these at home - 13 years later! And YES David, she still wears slippers on a tile floor otherwise the cold will travel up to your brain - :crazy: Look at me! :bop: (I'm not responsible for any of my actions here)

You know what they say, you can take the girl out of China but you can't take the Chinese out of the girl!

I wouldn't want to any other way because I still smile when she does her Chinese thing.,. :hug:

We also have to wear wazi on our feet, salt foods and change into house clothes first thing when arriving home. Lao po, came up with a food that improves the skin. We made a dozen hard boiled eggs and with shells still on put them in a jar and filled it with vinegar. After they sat aged for two weeks they were ready to eat. The shells had softened where you can bite into them and eat the whole egg. I found only one problem, THEY SUCKED! Now I love pickled eggs and have made them for many years. So I made some for Tai Tai and convinced her to try them. She liked them and the spicy flavor a few squirts of Red Rooster gave them and of course they are good for the complexion. (wink) ZZ