Why Do It Only Once?

For those of you familiar with our case, the following should come as no surprise.

Received notice today that Li is to report for biometrics in Nashville on October 31. What makes this so remarkable is the fact that this will be our seventh time giving fingerprints and or biometrics. And, we had to pay each time.

I am so tired of dealing with these folks at USCIS. It all started in 2001 and it hasn't let up since. All we can do is comply. Problem is, Li is in China and will not return until November 1. In order to make the appointment, she will have to reschedule all kinds of business appointments, not to mention rescheduling the flight.

The letter we received said that if she didn't make the appointment, her case would be considered abandoned. It went on to say that if couldn't make the appointment, she could come in on the first Wednesday after the scheduled appointment. For us, that is no help and the first Wednesday after the October 31 appointment is the next day.

I have grown so very, very weary of all this.

For those of you familiar with our case, the following should come as no surprise.

Received notice today that Li is to report for biometrics in Nashville on October 31. What makes this so remarkable is the fact that this will be our seventh time giving fingerprints and or biometrics. And, we had to pay each time.

I am so tired of dealing with these folks at USCIS. It all started in 2001 and it hasn't let up since. All we can do is comply. Problem is, Li is in China and will not return until November 1. In order to make the appointment, she will have to reschedule all kinds of business appointments, not to mention rescheduling the flight.

The letter we received said that if she didn't make the appointment, her case would be considered abandoned. It went on to say that if couldn't make the appointment, she could come in on the first Wednesday after the scheduled appointment. For us, that is no help and the first Wednesday after the October 31 appointment is the next day.

I have grown so very, very weary of all this.

Before changing her travel plans try to the Infopass site and re-schedule the appointment to a different date, this keeps you within the processing timeframe because they allow you to pick a different date.

Ahhhh, Mickster, the DHS center in Nashville also has USCIS people working there. You can get your biothingies AND see an immigration person to insure it will never happen again. When we went there we did this to clear up the name reversal hell we got into because of a lame SSA employee.

Soooooooo, you gonna be here on the 31st?? Twenty minutes from downtown Triggsville--you gonna stop by and say hey?!?!?!?!? Maybe bring a few pecans so we can gnaw on them and tell Don how good they are??????

Mick,

This may or may not help but it is worth a try:

Call the USCIS 1-800 help line number and then press 1-2-3. This will put you in touch with the ASC scheduling reps. Explain the situation to them and see if they can help.

-good luck

Thanks. We will give that a try and see what happens.

Mick, send me some pecans and I'll do the biometricsa for ya.

Will do Don. Try to get them in the mail tomorrow. I need to find a box suitable for shipping them. Salina and I will go through the closets tonight, in search of just the right box.

Mick, send me some pecans and I'll do the biometricsa for ya.

Will do Don. Try to get them in the mail tomorrow. I need to find a box suitable for shipping them. Salina and I will go through the closets tonight, in search of just the right box.

Send him his silly nuts, Mick, just so he will quit whining about them-but for the sake of everything that is good in the world MAKE him promise not to talk about them insatiably on his dorkety blog!!!