Hi All, my wife just went through the interview today and she got the blue slip, but not for the normal reason. She studied in London and got the police report as required when I started the CR-1 process. Unfortunately it took 1.5 years before she got the interview today. The VO told her she has to get a new police report from London and then they will approve the CR1 visa. My wife can't just go to UK like me (USC). What if the UK embassy deny her a VISA to go to UK? Am I stuck? It is like a catch 22 situation to me. Anyway when she got the police report she left UK afterward to return home. How can she commit any crime if she never step foot into UK after that? What do I do? Anyone that has gone through what I am going through now PLEASE HELP me how to overcome.

Can write to the data processing officer

POLICE RECORD

Available. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in the United Kingdom for six months or more since the age of sixteen are required to obtain a statement from the National Identification Service, Subject Access Office, Room 331, New Scotland Yard, Broadway, London SW1 OBG.

This statement will serve to advise the consular office whether or not any criminal conviction is held against the applicant. The National Identification Service does not accept applications from individual applicants; the request must be made through local police. By law, it can take up to 40 days to receive a response. The fee for this service is 10 British Pounds Sterling.

Persons resident outside the United Kingdom should write to the Data Processing Officer of the police authority where they last resided in the United Kingdom to obtain the appropriate application form. Residents of the United Kingdom should apply to their local police station where they may obtain the application form. When completing the application form, the applicable category is ¡°Prosecution/Conviction History¡±. The local police (or data protection officer), will submit the application to the National Identification Service and the response to the application will be sent directly to the applicant.

Applicants are legally entitled to gain access to the information about themselves under Section 7 of the British Data Protection Act, 1998.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...ted_Kingdom.htm

Hope helps. Good Luck.