EAD form question

Heya All,

Trying to fill out the I-765, have a question on it.

Question 11 says "have you ever applied for employment authorization before", and "if so, which office and what result".

My SO put in an application right when she arrived (which was a waste of money), but the only thing we've gotten back on it was the first NOA.

How should we fill in question 11 on the form that is going in with AOS? We don't have a "result" yet for it.

Thanks!

I don't understand why you're filling our another 765. If she filed for EAD in late August you should be very close to getting it. It should be a one year EAD which will hopefully carry her through to the Green Card.

Oh? I was under the impression that the (a)(6) EAD was only good for the 90 days that the K1 visa is valid, and that I had to reapply for a ©(9) one after marriage...

Mike

I don't understand why you're filling our another 765. If she filed for EAD in late August you should be very close to getting it. It should be a one year EAD which will hopefully carry her through to the Green Card.

Oh? I was under the impression that the (a)(6) EAD was only good for the 90 days that the K1 visa is valid, and that I had to reapply for a ©(9) one after marriage...

Mike

Mike

OK ... I spoke in haste. I'm not sure what the difference in validity would be filed under (a)(6) versus (a)(9). I just reviewed the form and you may be right. If the fee is important to you you might make an InfoPass appointment and ask the question of your local Office if it is close.

Another possibility would be to indicate in a cover letter to your second filing that you paid once and didn't get an EAD issued therefore you request fee waiver. I'd include the check anyway and just ask them to destroy it if fee waiver is approved.

When we "refiled" for AP at our local office they waived fee because we had not received the original AP ... might work the same for EAD.

Mike

Mike

OK ... I spoke in haste. I'm not sure what the difference in validity would be filed under (a)(6) versus (a)(9). I just reviewed the form and you may be right. If the fee is important to you you might make an InfoPass appointment and ask the question of your local Office if it is close.

Another possibility would be to indicate in a cover letter to your second filing that you paid once and didn't get an EAD issued therefore you request fee waiver. I'd include the check anyway and just ask them to destroy it if fee waiver is approved.

When we "refiled" for AP at our local office they waived fee because we had not received the original AP ... might work the same for EAD.

I don't think the (a)(6) temp EAD requires a payment. And it's not considered a refile under (a)(9).... one refiles under the same status (refile as (a)(9) again)...

We were in a similar situation a few months ago, and we DID pay the extra fee... and it was NOT worth it. I assumed that it would go through much quicker, and it did not. On the EAD we filed with AOS/AP on quesiton 11, I put "No"... We had no problems, and only one biometrics apt for everything...