How long does it usually take?

Another member here waiting on my file to get to Guangzhou from NVC. Our file left NVC on 8/11. If anyone gets the P3 anytime soon, please post and let us know. I could use some good news. : )

My file was sent from NVC to GUZ on 9/21/06. I checked with DHL and it shows that the file was recieved by stamp on 10/10/06, however when I called DOS they said that GUZ had not recieved the physical file yet...

9/21/06 to 10/10/06, that's not petition file package. That's their own diplomatic mail. Look for another package which departed NH at or around 9/21/06 which is still "ON HAND". That one would be your package, not this one.

It's the only one that I saw under "Correspondence" Where did you find this package (How did you search for it?) Thanks

Another member here waiting on my file to get to Guangzhou from NVC. Our file left NVC on 8/11. If anyone gets the P3 anytime soon, please post and let us know. I could use some good news. : )

My file was sent from NVC to GUZ on 9/21/06. I checked with DHL and it shows that the file was recieved by stamp on 10/10/06, however when I called DOS they said that GUZ had not recieved the physical file yet...

9/21/06 to 10/10/06, that's not petition file package. That's their own diplomatic mail. Look for another package which departed NH at or around 9/21/06 which is still "ON HAND". That one would be your package, not this one.

It's the only one that I saw under "Correspondence" Where did you find this package (How did you search for it?) Thanks

Your shipment is most likely NOT 9180947344.

It is MORE likely 9181781490.

There's a way for me to check when my package was sent from NVC to the GZ consulate? I didn't know that. How?

These time lines everyone is telling me are discouraging. Looks like I'll be making my 4th. trip to China in January then. (No more vacation time this year. B) ) Well, at least well spend our first wedding anniversay together during Spring Festival...

Thanks,

Dan K.

There's a way for me to check when my package was sent from NVC to the GZ consulate? I didn't know that. How?

it is my opinion.. tracking your case shipment to GUZ is an exercise in futility.. there's no reason to track it.. what makes anyone think that the package will not sit in a warehouse for a month? that's where it is going...

Wait 40-60 days from NVC sending and call DOS.. in the meantime, do something more useful... B)

I agree with David on this and I think the 30 days sitting in a warehouse is a conservative estimate. It seems that everyone needs to plan on 90 days or more from NVC until case being logged in at Guangzhou. I have no idea why it is taking longer now, but if you look at current timelines... that is how long it is taking.

Edited by Juette (see edit history)

Greetings All,

My wife and I think that we're now nearing the end of the visa process. Consequently, we're becoming more impatient. :)

I rec'd a letter from the NVC dated 5 September notifying me that our approved I-129F was being forwarded to the GZ consulate "within a week". Here it is, Oct the 14th., and my wife has still not been contacted by the consulate.

Anyone know how long this particular portion of the process takes? Does it do any good for me to call the consulate and ask if they've rec'd our paperwork?

Cheers,

Dan K

Black Hawk, CO

Dan

I searched but could not find how to do the DHL tracking thing. Would you mind telling me how you go about that? Thanks much,

Robert

If you do the DHL tracking thing, you can see that all petition packages sent after 9/5/06 still have NOT passed Customs clearance. Give it another 2-3 weeks and hopefully it'll be there.

This part of the process really sucks! To UK or Japan, it takes a week at most from NVC. To GUZ? It takes 6-8 weeks. Crap! Total crap! Something is very wrong with this part of the process, even more so than the BS encountered at CSC.