Can we send self-printed versions of P3 forms to GUZ?

Hello GUZ,

Thanks for frequenting this forum. My fiancee and I want to type up her DS-230 form using the online fillable PDF form, and then print it out for use in the P3 return packet to GUZ. We're doing to to ensure legibility, and also so we can double-check it together online before she sends it off. Is this allowed, or must we write in black ink on the original DS-230 form sent to her in the P3 by GUZ? Will the form mailed to her have a barcode or something else that, if missing on the typed version she submits, will slow down GUZ in processing her returned forms?

Also, are there any official online PDF versions of the OF-167 and OF-169 forms? All I can find are some really old scanned versions from 1991 that are hosted on this site, but none hosted by GUZ or USCIS. We'd like to ensure that we've prepared everything to satisfaction by the time the forms arrive, in other words, that there are no surprises in the up-to-date forms we receive from GUZ.

Thanks,

neveroddoreven

p.s. if we must use black ink on original forms only, do we fill boxes with an "X" or a checkmark? The forms don't say :blink:

Hello GUZ,

Thanks for frequenting this forum. My fiancee and I want to type up her DS-230 form using the online fillable PDF form, and then print it out for use in the P3 return packet to GUZ. We're doing to to ensure legibility, and also so we can double-check it together online before she sends it off. Is this allowed, or must we write in black ink on the original DS-230 form sent to her in the P3 by GUZ? Will the form mailed to her have a barcode or something else that, if missing on the typed version she submits, will slow down GUZ in processing her returned forms?

Also, are there any official online PDF versions of the OF-167 and OF-169 forms? All I can find are some really old scanned versions from 1991 that are hosted on this site, but none hosted by GUZ or USCIS. We'd like to ensure that we've prepared everything to satisfaction by the time the forms arrive, in other words, that there are no surprises in the up-to-date forms we receive from GUZ.

Thanks,

neveroddoreven

p.s. if we must use black ink on original forms only, do we fill boxes with an "X" or a checkmark? The forms don't say :)

Hi neveroddoreven and welcome to CFL.

If you're trying to get GUZ to answer, then you need to post in the proper sub-forum:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=25

That sub-forum is where questions to GUZ are answered directly by GUZ.

Here are the posting rule for that sub-forum:

Posts in this forum will be highly moderated. Those not meeting the following rules will be moved or deleted.

1. Questions must be of a general nature and not about specific cases.

2. Questions must be of general interest to members and not previously answered.

Read through the forum before posting a question.

3. Posts and follow up questions must remain ON-TOPIC.

Try posting there and see if GUZ will answer.

Again, welcome to CFL.

I prepared my own P3 supplemental OF-167 using a word document - Nobody has complained thus far and we also used the fillable PDF DS-230 (you just have to wait for the DS-230 to come in the mail before sending it in as there is a separate barcode sheet that needs to be returned with the DS-230. If you want a copy of the word document send me a message and I will email it to you.