In-Laws Approved!!! Visitor Visas

Seems they had no problem at all yesterday. Wendy sent them with a letter (based on the primary one floating around in this topic) an itinerary that emphasized spending the holidays with the US based family, pictures, and proof of ties to home (bank accts, income statements, pictures of remaining son/grandson.)

Interview started with basic questions about their daughter, son-in-law, how we met, and how long we've been married. They asked to see pictures, and the first one was of them with me, Wendy & my parents. In-laws seem to think that the tone of the interview became immediately positive when they saw the pictures. The officer then said, "Hope you enjoy your visit to the United States." Wendy'll go with them to pick up their visas next week.

Edited by tmkeith (see edit history)

Sounds like that picture was a knockout punch. Okay, what was different about it? Well, I have never heard of the American husband's parents being in that kind of picture. The fact that your parents went all the way to China to meet your wife's parents apparently swept away the possibility of any further questions in the VO's mind. I hope everyone has an excellent time over the holidays. Be sure and buy some pig's feet.

Congratulations!

I wish you and your family a great stay in the U.S.

Our first B1/B2 Visa was for a one month stay. It has very little to do with proof of someone's parents or any of the other bs that people think.

Immigration law is based on "the napoleonic code" which, in english means "guilty until proven innocent".

So, this means the chinese people must prove beyond reasonable doubt that they have a reason to return to china. Most determining factor is how much money they have, how much property they have and what they would be leaving by "going underground"

Please note that the terms highlighted in quotes are those of a high ranking government service employee.

Isn't it nice to live in the land of the free?