It is true that our sweeties hardly fit your typical Hezbollah visa-seeker.

Back in August, I learned about ETIM, actually after Yuhui and I went to Urumuqi and the Xinjiang province ( beautiful place by the way ) . ETIM was placed on the Terrorist organization list by the way. I suppose Jiang's visit to Crawford ranch in summer had to do with it a wee bit.

Here is an interesting article, for those who don't know...

Could it be a factor in the fact that China is being given the State's cavity check?

This is just an informative post. Not something to dwell on... Besides, I'm bored.. so ..

Source: http://www.terrorismanswers.com/groups/etim.html

What is the East Turkestan Islamic Movement?

A small, militant Muslim separatist group based in China’s western Xinjiang province—a vast, thinly populated region that shares borders with several countries, including Afghanistan and Pakistan. The East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) is one of the more extreme groups founded by Uighurs, the Turkic-speaking ethnic majority in Xinjiang, seeking an independent state

Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage labels the ETIM a terrorist group, Beijing, Aug. 26, 2002.

(AP Photo)

called East Turkestan. China’s communist regime, which fears that China could fragment if regional separatist movements ever gained ground, has long called the ETIM a terrorist group; after September 11, China warned the Bush administration that the ETIM had ties to al-Qaeda. In August 2002, after months of pressure from Beijing, the Bush administration announced it would freeze the group’s U.S. assets. But experts say detailed, reliable information about the ETIM is hard to come by, and they disagree about the extent of the ETIM’s terrorist activities and its ties to global terrorism. :)

Eric,

That is in the northwest territories of China. The Phillipines and Indonisia is where the terrorist activities have been detrimental to Americans. Killings and kidnappings of Americans are a common occurrence. The moslem extremists that you mention are a thorn in the Chinese sides and they are trying to eradicate it. In the Phillipines and Indonesia, the governments look the other way, but with the aforementioned countries, they are able to obtain family visas. I don't think that it is just a coincidence that Cuba, Russia, and China is considered diffferently that the Phillipines, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and othe countries with a huge moslem population. China has very few moslems. I bet there are more moslems in the US. How about the terrorist homegrown militia that we have here. I, personally, have come up against those #$%%^^. :) >Jim

like I said before.. Just informative... not really debatable for our common purpose. And yes, I am very aware of those facts.

Was just trying to entertain and catch up with your posting madness... :)