Show to watch

The show was good, but I was disappointed that it neglected the southern part of the country. I realize that China is huge, but most people already have a basic knowledge of Beijing and the Great Wall. I know I am biased, but I was hoping to see something from Nanning, Guilin or Beihai. :(

I watched the show and although interesting, they start out with some startling facts ie: if China's consumption of natural resources continues on its current pace, in the next 20 years China will need resources the equivalent of two earths. I really wasn't sure where they were going after that, until the end where the tried to tie the Olympic Gymnast, the rice farmers and the window washer all together to form a statement of China's emergence as a global power. Nice visuals, interesting personal stories, but weak on content.

Lets just keep Nanning to ourselves anyway, Patrick. We don't need to share her with the rest of the world.

The show was good, but I was disappointed that it neglected the southern part of the country. I realize that China is huge, but most people already have a basic knowledge of Beijing and the Great Wall. I know I am biased, but I was hoping to see something from Nanning, Guilin or Beihai. :(

I have it on my PVR, watched it twice and plan on burning it to DVD for my own personal enjoyment. I too am disappointed about Nanning not being featured on the show. Nanning has come a long way to being the great city that it is today!

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang