Urgent Help Everyone!!!!!!!!

My wife's CR-1 case has reached P3 stage. My understanding was that once NVC received her DS-230 Part 1, they will review and send it to Guangzhou, then from GZ will ask for the name check. But I called NVC today and they said she's under administrative review and NVC said it's for her name check a standard procedure for everyone. Does this mean GZ does not acutally do the name check for CR-1?

Here's a link that might explain it to you: http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

From what I remember, name and security checks are performed at every level as dictated by the Patriot Act 2001

The immigration lawyer said that the petitioner or husband will also go through name check. So are any of the petitioners's own name went through background check at NVC too?

Here's a link that might explain it to you: http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

From what I remember, name and security checks are performed at every level as dictated by the Patriot Act 2001

The immigration lawyer said that the petitioner or husband will also go through name check. So are any of the petitioners's own name went through background check at NVC too?

I've read where the NVC checks with the IRS involving the petitioner and income taxes. I'm sure there are checks made on the petitioner but to what extent, I don't know.

Below are recent amendments made to the INA pertaining to K non-immigrant visas. This may also pertain to the immigrant visas (IV) as well in some fashion but I can't be sure.

SEC. 4. CHANGES IN PROCESSING K NONIMMIGRANT VISAS; CONSULAR CONFIDENTIALITY.

(a) K Nonimmigrant Visa Processing- Section 214(d) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1184(d)) is amended--

(1) by striking `Attorney General' and inserting `Secretary of Homeland Security' each place it appears;

(2) by inserting `(1)' before `A visa'; and

(3) by adding at the end the following:

`(2) A United States citizen may not file a petition under paragraph (1) if there is such a petition filed by that petitioner for another alien fiance(e) that is pending or that has been approved and is still valid.

`(3) The Department of Homeland Security shall provide to the Department of State criminal background information on the petitioner for a visa under clause (i) or (ii) of section 101(a)(15)(K) to which it has access under existing authority in the course of adjudicating the petition.

`(4) Each petitioner for a visa under clause (i) or (ii) of section 101(a)(15)(K) shall provide, as part of the petition and in writing and signed under penalty of perjury, information described in section 2©(2) of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005.

`(5) The Secretary of State shall provide that an applicant for a visa under clause (i) or (ii) of section 101(a)(15)(K)--

`(A) shall be provided, by mail--

`(i) a copy of the petition for such visa submitted by the United States citizen petitioner; and

`(ii) any information that is contained in the background check described in paragraph (3) relating to any court orders, arrests, or convictions described in subparagraphs (A) through (D) of section 2©(2) of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005;

`(B.) shall be informed that petitioner information described in subparagraph (A) is based on available records and may not be complete; and

`© shall be asked in the primary language of the visa applicant whether an international marriage broker has facilitated the relationship between the visa applicant and the United States petitioner and whether that international marriage broker complied with the requirements of section 2 of such Act.

The Secretary also shall provide for the disclosure of such information to the visa applicant at the consular interview in the primary language of the visa applicant.

`(6) The fact that an alien described in clause (i) or (ii) of section 101(a)(15)(K) is aware of any information disclosed under paragraph (5) shall not be used against the alien in any determination of eligibility for relief under this Act or the Violence Against Women Act.

`(7) In fulfilling the requirements of paragraph (5)(A)(ii), a consular officer shall not disclose the name or locational information of any person who was granted a restraining or protective order against the petitioner, but shall disclose the relationship of the person to the petitioner.'.

(b.) Sharing of Certain Information- Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C.)