Employment Certificate???

Is an "Employment Certificate" the same thing as the "Foriegn Expert Permit"?

A bit more context would be helpful, but let me give it a shot.

I am assuming you are living and working in China, got married and wish to DCF for your wife.

You will need to acquire something showing you are legally working and residing in China. This could be a copy of your visa and an employment contract.

Perhaps I'm way off base here.

Here is a bit I found on this:

NOTARIAL WORK EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE

Available. Notarial Work Experience Certificates (NWECS) briefly describe an applicant's work experience in the PRC. They should be required of all employment based preference immigrant applicants who claim work experience in China. Employer's letters or sworn statements from persons claiming person¡¯s knowledge should not be accepted in lieu of NWECS. The inability of an applicant to obtain a NWEC should be regarded as prima facie evidence the applicant does not possess the claimed experience.

I assume this is much like a government generated resume. Your SO may want to get one to bring to the USA, It may be useful when applying for a job. I told my fiance to get one.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...der/C/China.htm

You are correct that I am about to file the CDF in Guangzhou. The USCIS offices asks for a residence permit and a "employment certificate". I have a residence permit, a contract, and a letter from a University saying that I work there, but no "employment certificate". What I do have is the small "Foreign Experts Certificate" which is just a small book with my picture and where I work and life. Is that "Foreign Experts Certificate" my "employment certificate"?

Others with DCF experience can help you better but I believe the most important factor is which kind of visa you have to be in China. People often think that just because they are living and working in China on a tourist visa they can file DCF. They are mistaken.

You are correct that I am about to file the CDF in Guangzhou. The USCIS offices asks for a residence permit and a "employment certificate". I have a residence permit, a contract, and a letter from a University saying that I work there, but no "employment certificate". What I do have is the small "Foreign Experts Certificate" which is just a small book with my picture and where I work and life. Is that "Foreign Experts Certificate" my "employment certificate"?