medical exam for I-693

We went in for the medical exam and are waiting for tests, AIDS and something else. This doctor doesn't seem to know the different visas. We don't need to take those tests again for a K-1 visa. Just submit the I-693 supplemental form signed by the doctor, right? We don't need the I-693 in a sealed envelope then?

Thanks,

Rick

Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

Rick

The civil surgeon here was not sure either so i told her all we needed was the I-693 so she finally agreed to only do the shot updates. She wanted to do a complete medical again but after telling her we only needed it if was longer than a year she said okay it sounds like you know more about it then i do. The I-693 must be in a sealed envelope also and when i got the I-693 i asked for a few copies before she sealed them. Good luck

Jim and Ying :rolleyes:

Edited by winger696969 (see edit history)